Home INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Just Joined

TorTor Member, STREAMING PRO Posts: 4
Hi. I'm an old guy who now has extra time so I decided to try to sing--a life-long ambition which I had never followed up on. I've always sung in the car. I sing to my cat. My cat is very patient with me but a lot of friends tell me to stop because I'm off key.
I like Ken's approach because I figure I'll concentrate on working with my breath, getting the feel, and worry about pitch once I have better control.
I'm having a lot of fun with Part One. Pretty soon all of you are going have to suffer through my off-pitch singing with the hope that you can give me some good feedback. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Furious_PhilFurious_Phil Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,421
    @Tor Welcome on board mate! It really is allot of fun, but a little work too... but it sounds like you have the fire under you to really make a go of it! Get ready as "Change is Gonna Come" !!!

Cheers,

Phillip
  • TorTor Member, STREAMING PRO Posts: 4
    Thanks Furious. Just seeing even a little progress in Part 1 is fun--and I haven't even been on the course a week yet. Can't wait to see what a couple of months will do.
  • Us old guys can still learn to belt it out (or have a heart attack trying lol) I love it. I just wish I had access to this 30 years ago.

Peace, Tony
  • Furious_PhilFurious_Phil Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,421
    No kidding eh?
    But at least we can enjoy it now... it's funny that guitar used to be the centre of my world, but for the last 14 months I've been working significantly harder on my vocals. I'd like to be good enough to maybe even hand off the heavy guitar lifting!
    Jeez, did I actually just say that??!! :-o