Home SINGER/SONGWRITERS
Options

chesty mix voice

What I have to do to my mix voice sound more powerful and chest? I think that when I singing in mix it sound like other voice, more heady.
Have you got any exercises to sound more chesty?

Comments

• Options
    highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,357
    Mix voice is something that you have to work up to, especially if you want a chesty mix. First you have to stretch your chest voice up pretty high, like to a C5 or so. That can take a year or more, using the exercises in Ken's course.

After that, you work your head voice, taking it as high as you can and also as low as you can, maintaining a bright, timbral tone. You build a large area of overlap that you can sing in both head voice and chest voice.

After building up the strength and range of the head voice, you then fuse the two together through sliders and midvoice exercises.

You have to first build the chest voice in order to have some chest to mix in at those high notes you want to sound chestier.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLFo0hehBaI
  • Options
    AlyonaAlyona Member, Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 288
    When I once had a period when I only had thin sound on top and wanted to add some chest there - I tried to make a sound not loud, with a very low volume and tried to add more chest to it in the mid register, then I lifted that phrase higher and tried to add more chest but again - with a low volume - then I remembered the feeling of it and it was pretty flexible after that!