Home Off Topic
Options

Knots in the throat

PeterHUNPeterHUN Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 39
Hi guys,

I've spent ~4 hours on practising every day. As I joined KTVA 2 months ago I started to replace the old methods with the new concepts. I did the exercises with the maximum ease possible and I also refrained from any tension. But as I picked up my little mirror as Ken suggested, I saw that there were about 3 or 4 quite small knots in my throat. Not deep. I hope they are just natural and the consequence of the rough, mucous surface of the throat. I study biology therefore I thought of simple glands. I hope it is nothing more. Besides, I will see the doctor for more informations, but if you guys can tell me something clever about this or you can warn me not to do this much, just cut down on the time of practising, do it. I would be singing crazy later than to hurt my voice.

Peter

Ps: Sorry for my english bloopers. :-)

Comments

• Options
    highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,357
    Peter,

I haven't heard of anyone getting any knots in their throat from singing. You definitely should see your doctor and get their opinion. Have you examined your throat with a mirror prior to doing it at Ken's suggestion? It's possible that the knots are not related to your singing, especially since you have been taking it easy the whole time.

Let us know what you find out. Hopefully you are fine.

Bob
  • Options
    PeterHUNPeterHUN Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 39
    Bob,

I really appreciate your comment. :-)
    So, I saw the doctor yesterday and he told me that it was a chronic infection over the last 2 months. It has been hiding for a long period but now finally it is descending. I took throat lozenges but nothing else. It seems, singing does not affects my voice. :-) Anyway, I would rather examine myself because of silly simpthoms than risk. Luckily it was just a slight infection.

Peter
  • Options
    highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,357
  • Options
    MoftemMoftem Enrolled Posts: 114
    Get well soon. Take care of your instrument.