Home Newbies Demo Area - for those who want to test the waters!
Options

In My Way - Elvis (cover) compared to No Expectations

I recorded In My Way using my laptop camera on my back deck (thus the cars); I plan on redoing it in the future. My question is why is my voice so different for this song as opposed to No Expectations? My friend who is a producer in Australia says IMW suits my voice much more, but I am baffled as to how I am making two different sounds. The lead guitar on NE is my buddy, he is a fantastic guitar player.

**Removed**

I took them down, sorry to have been disruptive.

Comments

• Options
    To me, In My Way your voice sounds like the mature Elvis, and for the Stones tune, it still sounds like Elvis, but the younger boy Elvis. You've got his sound down, but it was a bit pitchy.

Peace, Tony
  • Options
    weasel65weasel65 Member Posts: 6
    Sounding like Elvis is the last thing I want, I want to sound like me. There has already been an Elvis, don't need another one :) I am not happy with NE, but my buddy did such a wonderful job on the lead gat that I can't bring my self to bin it. Thanks for the comment.
  • Options
    Does anyone have any comments on what to work on besides not sounding like Elvis? ;) I think one of my problems is I project too much, a side effect of being in the army.
  • Options
    Your original question was why your voice sounded differently on each song, and I answered accordingly. They arent different. You're just singing in a higher register on one.
    You never asked about what you need to be working on, and for that you need to submit a sample of your lah scales.

Peace, Tony
  • Options
    Understood, and thanks. I already did the Lah submission. Cheers.