Home Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy - The PRO's Vocal Method

Exercices everyday?

I do the basic warm up everyday (almost).
It takes 30-35 minutes but what kind of exercices can i do after?

Comments

• SalMolhadoSalMolhado Enrolled Posts: 17
    edited May 2022
  • krystelakrystela Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 12
    So basic warm up twice, one with head voice and the other one without.
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    Yes. The one without head voice you will stretch your chest voice as high as you can. The one with head voice you will work on perfecting a smooth transition from chest voice into head voice and back.
  • AliAli Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 67
    is there a video of someone doing the exercise this way, because the only thing i've been doing is just trying to match the pitch and notes not thinking of doing chest voice only or anything. I don't really know how to only do chest voice.
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    You simply resist bridging. Go as high in chest voice as you can. It may not be very high, but you grow that.
  • JonnyquickJonnyquick Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 202
    I do warm ups then sing the songs I want to practice
    I restart to the volume 1 and the "Basic Pitch For Beginners 1 - 12" is very interesting like exercice.

It's maybe a stupide question but can we do the warm up without a sound?
    I explain, when I warming up, there are sometimes people in another room and I'm don't want to make some noise to not disturb them.
  • bentkbentk Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,650
    No you can't warmup without sound. The lip burble and tongue exercises are relatively low on the volume aspect, as are the bridging exercises. But especially for chest stretching, there is going to be some volume. It's not like shouting at your loudest, but it does get loud.
  • saintveronicasaintveronica Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 14
    How long should I do the sit-up with the vocal practice?
    Just long enough to "get it" that you need about that amount of strength when you "push down" on your diaphragm. It's just an illustration to show you how much strength you need to apply to your diaphragmatic support. But the actual support is a bit different from the actual muscles that you do a situp with. Same area, but instead of sitting up, you press down on your insides.
  • olskoololskool Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 68
    Yeah, the sit-up is just an indication of the muscles used. It helps you understand it a little better that is all.
    I also find softer warm ups can work better. After about 15 mins or so into it, when you can feel a bit more strength, take it up a little notch. Never push it too far on a warm up. That's why its called a warm up.
    You can also try a whole lesson a little softer, especially if you've had a cold or feeling a bit out of touch with your voice. It will all click soon enough.
    Keep going with your journey.
    Wish you all the best.
    Hello, it's been a week since I have a sore throat, probably an angina (I don't know if it's called like that because i'm french and in my language it's "une angine"), so for a week I didn't do the the warm up.
    I hope to resume tomorrow...
    Hope you feel better soon, @krystela!
    Happy New Year !!!
    I bought KTVA 2.0 but I could not download the pp3, pp4, pp5 and pp6. Today it's been a month since I bought it and the links for the download are gone.
    How can I download them?
    You can ask for an extension from the webmaster at ktvahelp@gmail.com . You are given 31 days to complete the downloads. You may be able to get a week extension added to your links.
  • Furious_PhilFurious_Phil Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,421
    @krystela, hopefully you were able to resolve this?
    Also, I highly recommend that you backup those KTVA zip files to some place safe like GoogleDrive or Dropbox. That way if your PC/Laptop dies, you'll still be able to access your KTVA files. I'm a Systems/Network Administrator by trade, and all about the disaster recovery :smiley:
    Hi @Furious_Phil,
    It's Ok, I've sent a mail to ktvahelp@gmail.com and they gave me the links.
    I backup the KTVA zip files on a USb key and one another PC, and I will follow your recommendation to put those files on GoogleDrive. Thank you.

• AlyonaAlyona Member, Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 288
    I whether wait and do it once again, or I wait a bit and sing songs.
    You wants to wait what ?
    Thank you very much Sara, it's very nice from you to answer to my topic!
  • KahlKahl Pro Posts: 4
    I do the warm ups first, then one or two vids from the main course, e.g. vocal mods. After that I sing songs I like.