Home About Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy

Which program to buy?

I am very new to this forum and I just discovered Ken's videos on youtube. Have been super passionate about singing since I am very young and I have very good ear for music, but would love to learn how to sing, really sing.
I am looking at the different programs to start with Ken's academy and trying to figure out which is the best way to go. For sure I need the beginners' course, but not sure which option I should go with as I am not 100% on the difference between own it or stream it.
Any input would be so, so greatly appreciated.
I also have a profile on SMULE and my profile name is the same there as here.

Looking forward to your suggestions.

Answers

• I'm not sure what the other options are like, but I wanted to learn how to sing the right way, and professionally so I wanted it all. The whole course. I wanted Ken's whole lifetime of experience in my hands, and now I have that.

You have a great opportunity to have lessons from a great singer that charges hundreds of dollars an hour (if not more) for a very cheap price.

If you really want to sing this is the real deal.

good luck on your decision.

Peace, Tony
  • singwme2singwme2 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Tony,

thank you so much for your reply, I might not have been clear on my original question. I basically wanted to know what were the differences between buying to own it version as opposed to the streaming option.
    And another thing I was wondering if should I go for complete beginner or maybe intermediate.

Thank you,

Ildiko
  • Furious_PhilFurious_Phil Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,421
    The best way to describe it would be something like this:

"Streaming" is like a subscription to Netflix. So long as you are subscribed, you have access. If it lapses, you won't have access anymore. Pretty sure if you renew it, you pick right up from where you left off, unless its been a year or more and your account has been deleted.

With "Owning the media" (DVD, USB, Download), its yours till the end of time, on or offline.

I'd probably go Intermediate or even Pro, so you can progress faster and without delay. I can pretty much guarantee that once you tear through volume 1 (3-6 months typically) you're going to see enough progress that you'll want to have access to the remaining volumes.
    You can always add the other volumes at a later date if money is an issue.

Hope this helps,

Phillip
  • Simsuper80Simsuper80 2.0 ENROLLED Posts: 35
    So the intermediate course is just the beginner course with a higher monthly payment and more volumes right?
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,357
    The Streaming course is KTVA 2.0. Same as the DVD or Download of the Full KTVA 2.0 course.

The streaming beginner is only Volume 1. With Volume 1 access on the forums.
    The streaming Intermediate is Volumes 1 - 5 with "Intermediate" access on the forums.
    The streaming PRO is Volumes 1 - 5 plus the PRO Packs, plus PRO access on the forums.

All versions of streaming start with the same lessons: Volume 1. Intermediate keeps going. Pro goes further.
    The higher echelon you choose, the further you can progress, and the more lessons you have available in a faster period of time.