Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!

Killer Queen- Queen

DiegoDiego Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,157
https://vocaroo.com/i/s0KzgzFEEDKx
Here's a Queen track I made right now, freshly baked out of the oven lol. Enjoy.
And as always, feedback is appreciated! :-)

Comments

• That wasn't bad, and you even hit those really high notes toward the end.

My critique would be that it's a bit nasally for me. Maybe not have the sound so much in your face area?

Peace, Tony
  • DiegoDiego Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,157
    Thanks Tony :-),
    Does the whole song sound nasal or only some parts? Like which lines for example?
    @videoace
  • The whole song. It just seems like too much face to me. Other than that it was really good.
    Go back, and listen to the original a few times, but listen to the feel of it instead of the technique, and try it again. Freddie was a passionate singer.

Peace, Tony
    Thanks for the comment @videoace
    I really want to try and embody this song in the best way possible. :-)

Thanks once again,
    Diego
    I'm working on another big song though @videoace , I don't know if you've heard about it (lol kidding) It's Bohemian Rhapsody. I keep changing stuff around all the time, because it's really difficult to replicate that.
  • Personally when it comes to Queen, I like songs such as "Spread Your Wings", and "Get Down Make Love". He was a great vocalist for sure.
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    It has some good moments. Some of the cuts between chest voice and head are a little too edited-sounding. But editing can be a way to learn a song, piece-by-piece.
  • MattoMatto Member Posts: 27
    edited January 2018
    Pretty nice, I like the falsetto tone, sounds pretty Mercury-esque. Interesting about the face - I seem to find my sweet spot by leaning as deep as possible into the mask and I've also noticed that control of the voice, such as tricky trills and scales a la Freddie's scale at the end of Somebody to Love or Coverdale's signature trills and frills, are actually dead easy when I lean full into the mask but extremely difficult when I don't, but I've discovered it sounds crap unless you also lean similarly into chest at the same time (seems to me that head = the treble register, and chest = the bass which both need to be balanced). Then again, what works for one guy won't work for another if they have completely different problems.
    @highmtn thanks for the feedback
    Does it sound nasal? Should I try and do it again?

-Diego
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    I don't see any need to do it again. It's not perfect, but if you want it perfect, you have a lot of work to do.
    @Matto Thanks for the compliment. I'm aiming for that Mercury-like falsetto. It's pretty fast and I like how it sounds.

-Diego