Home INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Pls eval my videos before I start the KTVA Program. I already sing/play semi-professionally.

tadaogtadaog Member Posts: 3
edited January 2018 in INTRODUCE YOURSELF
I started my journey on music when I was 13 years old and stared at an accoustic guitar from a high school coleague’s brother. So I asked him if I can learn to play it. On the same day I learned to play “Do you wanna dance” from Johnny Rivers version which was in the hits of this time here in Brazil (1967).

Soon, 5 months later I was rehearsing with a band in my small town city and 7 months later I was enlisted to the band and started playing (and singing) in small gigs and afterwards in ball dancing parties (I needed an authorization from my fathers to do that because it was allowed in Brazil only for 18 years old or more ones). I could get this from my father only because I always was (and continued to be) the number 1 in the high school grades :) ! )

I stopped my semi-professional musical life when I got to the big city in 1973 to study to become an engineer and never played guitar or sang in gigs until 2006, when my son asked to learn to play guitar, so I started to teach him. In the course of that, I re-started to play and sing again, and started a group (that is on this 2010 video https://youtu.be/i1VHZofpPN8).

This What A Wonderful World accoustic arrangement is mine, which has been made up in 5 years in every band presentation (and very happy and glad that it always got loud applauses when performed every time and every place!)

I’m now 62 years old. The sound was a mastering by myself with Adobe Audition and the only effect plugin in the vocal is a small reverberation similar with the Louis Armstrong’s original recording.

Posting here another 2 videos recorded directly with cellulars but with a good sound.

This Jan 2016 video https://youtu.be/Ogv7t1GxesQ had the accoustics of the karaoke room very good (nearly a studio treatment there), with a really intimate way of how I feel this masterpiece.

Finally, I’ve come to know the KTVA from a Tori’s demo of Proud Mary, from which I came to know the Ken Tamplin tutorial and demos videos on YouTube in October 2017.

I’ve watched all the HOW TO videos with great interest and learned some concepts from them (Open Throat Singing, Vowel Modifications, etc.). I’ve had only 1 month voice coaching from a teacher in Brazil only in late 2009 when I learned about diaphragm support and some vocalization techniques.

What was amazing is that I always had some difficulties singing the high notes in Hotel California until this 17 Dec 2017 https://facebook.com/helio.t.goto/videos/1790006894345453/ recording or this link https://youtu.be/lH4TijLBnDY! (And I sung it in the band from 2007-2010 in every gig we performed!). This presentation was in open space where the JBL EON One supported me with a bright, clear and strong sound that could be clearly heard in the video (and by everyone out there).

In this recording you could hear clearly that I did’nt had had any difficulties at all to sing in the original Bm key because only of the concepts (mainly the Open Throat Singing) I’ve learned from Ken Tamplin’s videos!

So I’m here! Asking from @highmtn and the other moderators some good and sincere opinions about my pre-KTVA singing.

Because I’m going to go PRO as soon as I finish paying my some pending bills (I’m already myself scheduled to sign KTVA Pro Package in Mar/18). And ready to know how much more can I go with singing with KTVA!

SO if you can, I’ll be very grateful for your opinions about my singing in these videos before I start the KTVA program. I’ve read your very helpful comments to many people on this fórum and I appreciated them too much!

Thanks in advance!
Cheers and best regards,

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    Hi, tadog!

Your Hotel California video says it is blocked in the U.S. so I can't comment on it.

Your Louis Armstrong imitation is very close to the sound of the original. The recording is also done very well.

You will learn things from your journey with KTVA that will give you even more control over your voice and your technique. You'll like what it will do for your voice.

Bob
  • tadaogtadaog Member Posts: 3
    My Hotel California video is in Facebook too:

https://facebook.com/helio.t.goto/videos/1790006894345453/

@higmtn, Thank you very much for you opinions, you was very quick, uau! Amazing indeed! Thank you so much for your attention!

I could'nt wait to really start with the KTVA program, I'm really anxious and looking forward to see how much I can grow to sing, it's a personal challenge because I never took an lesson for this, I'm always had been self-taught in singing and in playing guitar and keyboards.
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    @tadog,

Most of us were self-taught, or we spent thousands of dollars on singing lessons that didn't work before we found KTVA. You'll realize quickly that you have found the right path, at last!

Bob
  • rickyogimarickyogima 2.0 ENROLLED Posts: 69
    Good Good to Meet Ya @tadaog - I think Ken has a lot to offer, I'm taking the newbie course and it's mostly a lot of foundational practice which a great help. I'm in late 40's so I have a lot of old habits to unearth and growth is slow and the course has been helpful so far.
  • bentkbentk Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,650
    Welcome! I think KTVA will even help some of the most seasoned singers to improve in several aspects. Definitely works, but patience is required. The forum is always here for help!

All the best,

Ben
  • tadaogtadaog Member Posts: 3
    tadaog said:

My Hotel California video is in Facebook too:

https://facebook.com/helio.t.goto/videos/1790006894345453/

@higmtn, Thank you very much for you opinions, you was very quick, uau! Amazing indeed! Thank you so much for your attention!

I could'nt wait to really start with the KTVA program, I'm really anxious and looking forward to see how much I can grow to sing, it's a personal challenge because I never took an lesson for this, I'm always had been self-taught in singing and in playing guitar and keyboards.

Can someone confirm if you can view/hear this video of my Hotel California recording within US?