Home SINGER/SONGWRITERS

how is my singing voice ?

oliver018oliver018 Member Posts: 3
edited January 2018 in SINGER/SONGWRITERS
hi, i'm new :smile:
i would like my singing to be evaluated.
I know that i have a lot to learn (about almost everything).
i just want to know my mistakes and what should i do to fix them ... .
What kind of exercises i need to focus on?
by the way i'm 18 years old :smiley:
thank you :)

it was recorded with a tablet.

This is the song

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,111
    edited January 2018
    You sound pretty decent, but it's hard to tell pitch without a backing track for reference.

As far as which exercises to work on? All of them. (watch the instruction video also)
    If you want a powerful well rounded singing voice, you need to do all of the exercises. Twice.
    It's best if you can do them 6 days a week, but not everybody has that availability.

There are a lot of different things happening when you sing properly, and they usually work hand in hand. If you only work on certain things, others will suffer, and you will not progress much at all.

Peace, Tony
  • oliver018oliver018 Member Posts: 3
    videoace said:

You sound pretty decent, but it's hard to tell pitch without a backing track for reference.

As far as which exercises to work on? All of them. (watch the instruction video also)
    If you want a powerful well rounded singing voice, you need to do all of the exercises. Twice.
    It's best if you can do them 6 days a week, but not everybody has that availability.

There are a lot of different things happening when you sing properly, and they usually work hand in hand. If you only work on certain things, others will suffer, and you will not progress much at all.

Peace, Tony

the song is called heart on fire - jonathan clay. ok, thank u so much.
  • riscartriscart Member Posts: 1
    You sound good man. I don't know that much about the logistics of singing properly, but if one thing came ot mind off the top of my head, it would be really use your diaphragm. LIke really work on getting air from your diaphragm smoothly through to your vocal chords. I think that may be good advice for me as well... Keep it up. Excited to see where this takes you over the next several months.
  • oliver018oliver018 Member Posts: 3
    riscart said:

You sound good man. I don't know that much about the logistics of singing properly, but if one thing came ot mind off the top of my head, it would be really use your diaphragm. LIke really work on getting air from your diaphragm smoothly through to your vocal chords. I think that may be good advice for me as well... Keep it up. Excited to see where this takes you over the next several months.

thanks. yeah i should work on my diaphragm cause my voice is shaky when i sing. yes, i'm excited too. it is gonna be a hard and long journey :)