Home GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum
Options

Hats off to the students here at KTVA

I just had something on my mind that I would like to share.

When I first joined, the course, and the forum was very intimidating. After seeing Ken's youtube vids, and coming here reading all of this technical jargon I've never heard before I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to pull this off.
Anyway, In the beginning I struggled, yelled, screamed whatever I had to do, and I also watched, and listened to others do the same thing.

Fast forward seven months: I'm very comfortable singing all of the exercises (still strain on some of it as I progress), and I also noticed some of the other students that I've been following from their beginnings are singing very nicely now too. Nobody is straining, or screaming anymore, and have good control of thier voices. Just further proof that this course does what it claims!
Also following the other students here, reading their concerns, and the mods answers has helped me tremendously. (I also watched two students become mods in their journey which is pretty cool)

So hats off to the students here at KTVA!

I will give honorable mention to the mods, especially our main man Bob. Thanks guys. Without you this whole thing wouldn't work.

Peace, Tony

Comments

• Options
    Furious_PhilFurious_Phil Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,421
    Tony,

It is indeed a very cool thing, if you take the time to sit back and observe it.

The transition from an insecure (vocal) ugly duckling to a more confident fledgling swan (so to speak) is a very rewarding journey!

Once the strategies and terminologies are ingrained, from there on the KTVA kind of becomes a "Rock Tumbler" of sorts, where we continue to polish our rough (voice) stones into beautiful shiny gems.

Words of wisdom:
    Keep going and follow the program, even if you feel like you haven't the slightest clue what you're doing.
    Ask questions here, and we'll all do our best to get you past your sticking point(s).
    Above all else, keep moving forward, and before you know it the ugly duckling will be replaced by the swan.
    The cool part, is there's no telling how majestic that swan will become if you continue on the path.

To quote the instructor from the old TV series FAME:
    "You've got big dreams... You want fame... Well, fame costs. And right here is where you start paying... in sweat!!"

You have the tools, you know what to do... Now GET AT IT!!! B)

Phillip
  • Options
    highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,357
    Tony, thanks for the honorable mention. :) We have a great bunch here, cool moderators and great participation from a lot of awesome students. It's a very encouraging environment. A great place to find your voice and transform it into what you've always wanted.

Bob