Home SINGER/SONGWRITERS

Our Last Night - How do I apply the course to this song?

HI! My name is Jonathan.. I am not new to the HTS course, but I am new to this forum. I bought the HTS course about a year ago but only recently buckled down to practice warmups every day. Im wondering a couple things... Below is one of my favorite songs from the band that encouraged me to devote myself to singing. Right now I can almost stretch my chest voice to hit all the notes, but the consonants kill me... What should I do? Also, How can I apply the HTS course to sing like these guys... they have a killer clean/distorted sound unlike ken's unique sound. I am currently on stage 2 of the course and excited to learn more! thanks!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OG_lS_tsq7k

Comments

• Furious_PhilFurious_Phil Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,421
    Hey Jonathan,

Before we go further, If you have purchased the KTVA Bundle or the KTVA PRO Bundle, OR are a KTVA STREAMING Student, you can get access to additional students-only portions of the KTVA Forums. There is much more information on exactly how to do the KTVA techniques, including discussion areas and many videos.
    To get expanded access, copy and paste into an email to ktvaforums@gmail.com a copy of your KTVA receipt. Include your username here on the forums. Request a forums upgrade, and access level will be determined by what your purchase was.

Cheers,

Phillip
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    Also, there is a section in volume two on consonants that is very helpful in applying KTVA methods to songs. Have you watched the lessons recently?
  • JonathanNJonathanN Member Posts: 4
    I do not have the 2.0 course. DAMN! Missed the low upgrade price. I don't seem to have a receipt in me Email... I think I deleted it like a year ago. That really sucks I guess. I don't have any money to spend on singing at the moment. I guess Ill just comb the courses I have and see how much consonant things I can learn. I don't think I even bought an expensive enough course to get into the forums. all I have is 3 volumes.
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    There is a section on this in version 1.
    Hey! Ive been doing the excursuses and trying to get the vowels and continents to work together by doing what he said. Singing the vowels only then adding the consonants in slowly has really helped. one more question. I can technically hit a high C# with my chest voice but it honestly doesn't sound very appealing. Would this smooth over with practice?
  • Furious_PhilFurious_Phil Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,421
    @JonathanN, Yes, It will help to de-uglify the sound :wink:
    Also, the higher you can stretch the chest voice beyond C5, the notes lower than that will tend to sound better, as you aren't pushing to hit them nearly as hard.
    For instance, when I am warmed up, C5 isn't a huge strain on me as I can stay in chest up to D5, but that is starting to push it into mixed voice.
    cool, thanks so much Phil!