Home Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy - The PRO's Vocal Method

Clean vocals

Its hard for me to sing clean and to hit the right pitch and the right note when i sing thrash metal in stage people applauded but when i sing clean at home it sucks me to the bone and all my friends started screaming at me and complaing

Any solution ??
Thanks for the acknowledgement

Comments

• whoisj15whoisj15 Pro Posts: 139

I didnt like my voice and people told me my singing is not good. not many people said i was good at singing but i kept learning and now I like my voice.

Im able to sing with disortion and not hurt myself because I followed KTVA's methods.

https://soundcloud.com/jeffoh2015/nobodysfool

thats a sample of my lastest singing , at the end i didnt have enough breathe support.

as for my tone, i liked it at one point and then i hated it and then i like it again. What i did was use techniques for me to like my voice. I drew inspiration from my favorite singers and combined them to get the sound I wanted.

I love to sing loud like journey, swagger and range like paramore, growling of down with webster and i throw alittle bruno mars in there.

keep going, all i did was motivate myself with singing the way i want to be. an now i am the singer i want to be, in terms of tone and techniques.

But i started with the basics of KTVA and followed Kens instructions before using disorted sounds.

theres nothing wrong singing clean, people get caught in "if you sing rock you need a rockers voice"

not true REO speedwagon, singer sings rock but his voice is bright, journey singer steve perry voice bright as well, bon jovi sings bright aswell,

i would follow my heart.

Find inspiration.

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    @Yodameddoh,

Start with the basics and learn to sing on pitch. Sing clean. You have to have a good technique before you start distorting, or you may damage your voice.

It takes practice at the right singing methods to develop good sound and good habits.

All the Best!

Bob
  • AlyonaAlyona Member, Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 288
    That's a good thing to be able to switch from one voice to another. I had same thing - shouting Led ZEppelin on stage - easy. But then clean sound wasn't that easy to get back to. Or I have the opposite. I sing soft songs, ballads, clean and nice, for several days and then when I start to rasp - it just doesn't go. Then I try to run or jump to pump some air, some breath, some strength, and then try to rasp.. Then I realise that I need at least twice more air for singing rasp.. Feels like there's two different modes in the organism. ahah