Home Welcome

Heyho, I'm new here :)

ZapoguitarZapoguitar Member, STREAMING - THE COURSE Posts: 3
Hello folks and friends,

I just wanted to introduce myself to all of you at the KTVA Forum. I’m a 31 year old guitar player from Leipzig, Germany. Although I sing and play guitar since I was a child, I never took the time to develop my voice as I did with my guitar playing.

It was just recently that I had to sing on a studio recording for the first time in my life.

I came to realize that I have no control over my voice. As soon as the producer or my bandmates asked me to change one tiny little thing in my singing („can you sing that louder/softer/etc…) I was completley lost. I can sing a note, a phrase, a song in one way and one way only (my way ;-). And that is not acceptable to me anymore. I want to have full control over my voice and want to express myself better.

If you want to listen to one of the songs we recorded:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9KsdqvBHnE

Now’s the time to change. I’m happy that I found Ken Tamplin through some research on YouTube. It didn’t took long to get how good of a teacher he actually is, so I saw no other option than to purchase the course.
Today I started with the first vocal workout. Wish me luck! :-)

I’d love to hear from you and connect with all of you.

Warm regards from Germany,
Sebastian

Comments

• Furious_PhilFurious_Phil Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,421
    Sebastian,

You've come to the right place if you want to master your voice as an instrument.
    Really pay close attention to the course content, and do your best to imitate all the things that Ken is doing... and don't be afraid to go back to the videos often, as the further you go, the more nuances you'll pick up!

Break a leg!

Phillip
  • AlyonaAlyona Member, Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 288
    @Zapoguitar That's great - you are in the right place ))
  • bentkbentk Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,650
    Welcome!

This is definitely the right place for you. You get what you put into it. Change doesn't come overnight.

Many people are here to help you whenever you need questions answered or other help. Don't hesitate to ask!

All the best,

Ben
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,111
    Welcome aboard Sebastian,

The course will definitely put you at a whole new level of singing. My only advice is to relax, and don't skip anything. Do it all.

Peace, Tony
  • ZapoguitarZapoguitar Member, STREAMING - THE COURSE Posts: 3
    Thanks for the warm welcome as well as all the tips. :-)

Promise to myself:
    I will try my best to imitate exactly what Ken is doing, I won't skip anything, I will constantly repeat all video material and I will use this forum to seek even furhter advice.

See ya, dudes 'n' divas :-D
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    Great plan to stay On-Course, Zapoguitar. Welcome!