Home The Singer's Lobby

Winter is Here - Game of Thrones Season 7 Lyric Video

tinaalcoracetinaalcorace Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 209
edited July 2018 in The Singer's Lobby
Hi KTVA,

I hope you are all well and spending some time each day to strengthen your voice, explore genres and schedule inspiration. Thanks to the support of Ken Tamplin, the moderators and KTVA vocalists, I am very happy to share with you my most recent project in preparation for the release of the Game of Thrones Season 7 show on the 16th of July. In light of all the trends and excitement for this television show, I thought I would take the opportunity to write some original lyrics to the Game of Thrones Main Soundtrack. Within this video I had to experiment with vocal (live vs studio) and spend a few hours editing the video and mixing the tracks.

KTVA vocalists I would like to know, what are some vocal techniques you have heard of for studio recording? Comment below and share some of your tips

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pf63Nz1e2cI

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    Very nice, Tina! :-)
  • tinaalcoracetinaalcorace Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 209
    highmtn said:

Very nice, Tina! :-)

Thank you. Appreciate the support :)
  • CherieCherie Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 122
    I love your lyric version cover of the Game of Thrones theme song! You are yet another person who can demonstrate huge vocal power in a seemingly effortless way. It's really that kind of great sound that convinces me these techniques can produce amazing results.
    Cherie said:

I love your lyric version cover of the Game of Thrones theme song! You are yet another person who can demonstrate huge vocal power in a seemingly effortless way. It's really that kind of great sound that convinces me these techniques can produce amazing results.

Cherie thank you for your kind words and support. The "engine to your car" is very much associated with good breath support/control coupled with vowel modifications. You are definitely right in saying consistent practice in technique fosters effective results!
  • bentkbentk Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,650
    Hi @tinaalcorace

Just wanted to say you are a great singer, it's great to see what you achieved through KTVA.

All the best,

Ben
    bentk said:

Hi @tinaalcorace

Just wanted to say you are a great singer, it's great to see what you achieved through KTVA.

All the best,

Ben

Thank you! Ken has assisted in fine tuning my voice over the years which has truly allowed me to discover a greater potential
  • sadebr2006sadebr2006 Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 23
    @tinaalcorace that's a great video! Congratulations on your great singing voice

I'm trying to train my ear so as to better understand how melodies and harmonies work, so with that in mind, let me ask you: if I'm hearing correctly at some parts you are singing a different melody, right? (as if creating a harmony, where the GOT theme played on the piano would be the melody and what you sing would create the harmony; or actually, the other way around: what you sing is now the melody and the GOT theme track would create the harmony)

@tinaalcorace that's a great video! Congratulations on your great singing voice

I'm trying to train my ear so as to better understand how melodies and harmonies work, so with that in mind, let me ask you: if I'm hearing correctly at some parts you are singing a different melody, right? (as if creating a harmony, where the GOT theme played on the piano would be the melody and what you sing would create the harmony; or actually, the other way around: what you sing is now the melody and the GOT theme track would create the harmony)

Hi @sadebr2006 , Im not sure I understand your question. Melody would be the main vocal with the piano and other instruments collectively becoming the accompaniment
  • AlyonaAlyona Member, Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 288
    Wow great voice!!
    Thanks for the love and support everyone :)