Home INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Hard Rock/Heavy Metal singer in training!

KKRocksKKRocks 2.0 PRO Posts: 3
edited September 2012 in INTRODUCE YOURSELF
Hi, I'm KK Rocks, 23 years old and I live in Belgium. So far I've got no experience at all when it comes to singing. I always loved singing along with songs but I never took the step to properly learn it because I was always told you had to be born with a good voice... and I believe mine isn't.

The music I love can be seperated in 3 genres:

Hard Rock/Glam Metal
Great White, Warrant, Dokken, Mötley Crüe, Steelheart, Winger, Kingdom Come, Bon Jovi, Quiet Riot, Poison, Ratt, Cinderella, Kix, Helix, Def Leppard, Europe, Scorpions, Queen, Rush, Skid Row, Vinnie Vincent Invasion, Slaughter, Twisted Sister, White Lion, Van Halen, L.A. Guns, W.A.S.P., ...
(yeah, a shame I didn't discover Ken's band 'Shout' yet! they sound great!!)

Heavy Metal
Judas Priest, Loudness, Accept, Tygers of Pan Tang, Tokyo Blade, Tank, Iron Maiden, Brocas Helm, Anvil, Black Sabbath, Ozzy Osbourne, Ronnie James Dio, Motörhead, Saxon, Angel Witch, Diamond Head, Raven, Enforcer, Steelwing, Cauldron, Skull Fist, White Wizzard, ... 

Thrash Metal
Toxik, Realm, Anthrax, Overkill, Nuclear Assault, Razor, Slayer, Megadeth, Violent Force, Hobbs Angel of Death, Sepultura, Kreator, Destruction, Sodom, Tankard, Dark Angel, Death Angel, Morbid Saint, D.R.I., Possessed, Municipal Waste, Violator, Warbringer, ...

It's my big dream to become a great 80s style hard rock/heavy metal singer!!
I was so excited when I found Ken Tamplin's Vocal Academy! My dream might come true after all.. before I had few hopes and thought all these singers were blessed with a great voice.

The only thing that worries me is making a lot of embarrassing sounds that my non-supportive parents will be annoyed with.. but I will ignore them!

Here we go!!!

Comments

• sspatricksspatrick Enrolled Posts: 1,278
    Hey KK Rocks,

All the Best.  I think we all want to be 80's Rock Singers!  You are in the right place.
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354

KKRocks, YOU ROCK, MAN!!!

You know, some people ARE born with or just develop a monster voice naturally.  The rest of us have to work at it.  And I do mean WORK!!

But you have arrived at Rock n' Roll Boot Camp.  Roll up your sleeves and the rest is up to you!

No matter where you are starting from, you WILL improve if you follow Ken's instructions TO THE LETTER!  When you encounter obstacles (and we all do) keep your eyes on the prize, and keep on working out on the exercises.  Make lots of demo recordings and listen to the playback, and make adjustments as needed.  We're here to cheer you on! 

Welcome to the KTVA forums, 1,000 strong and growing!

Bob

• KKRocksKKRocks 2.0 PRO Posts: 3
    Thanks both!!! At the moment I'm focusing on the posture and breathing support to make sure I get it right. 
    There's lots of additional information on this forum and also questions I had that have been answered already.
    This community is awesome!!
  • SanninoSannino Pro Posts: 66
    edited September 2012
    Hey, @KKRocks! Welcome!

I'm into 80s hard rock big time too! Be sure to check out Ken's first solo cd, An axe to grind, as well. It can't get much better than that!

Although I do hope Ken keeps trying! :p
  • KKRocksKKRocks 2.0 PRO Posts: 3
    I will check it out! Nice to meet you by the way ;p
  • kamikazekamikaze 2.0 PRO Posts: 193
    Welcome KK Rocks!!

My dream is actually very similar to yours! I think you can definitely achieve your goal with KTVA, just stick with it and apply yourself to the CDs, DVDs and lessons!

Best of luck!!