Home INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Just starting

Hello Everyone! :) I just bought Ken's course and trying to work my way through Volume I... I sing all my life, but only in the car or when no one is listening. I think I can pitch very well only don't like the sound of my voice - mainly the head voice, but also my chest voice isn't quite as I would like it to be. Just dull and without the "ping" ;) I'm turning 40 this year (!?#!) and just thought this is now or never! So I'm going to work on my voice to be able to sing for other people and so they (hopefully) like it :)

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    Welcome, @Magdalena !

You will find that singing is a journey and that you are just getting started on the beginning of what will be a great thing for you. You will be able to grow your tone, your range, and your overall satisfaction with your voice. You have made a wise decision, and there is the rest of your life to benefit from what you are beginning now!

Make sure you get your student upgrade for the forums: http://forum.kentamplinvocalacademy.com/discussion/6859/how-to-get-access-to-the-ktva-student-areas-of-the-forums#latest

Bob
  • MagdalenaMagdalena 2.0 PRO Posts: 6
    Hello Bob! Thank you for your warm welcome. I very much hope you're right ;)
    And thanks for the link. I sent the email, so should get my proper access soon.
    Cheers,
    Magda
  • TommyMTommyM Pro Posts: 270
    Welcome on board, Magda! I second Bob's comments, you've made a fantastic decision in purchasing the course and if you're willing to put in the work, you'll reap the rewards. Even after singing for 20 years, I still wasn't happy with my voice and had more bad habits than I can even remember now. Even just using Ken's free tutorials and the free access to the site, my confidence and control grew exponentially; it was as if I'd finally learned how to use this 'thing' that made this loud, uncontrolled noise, i.e. my full voice. Needless to say, I bought the full course and (a year down the line) haven't been disappointed at all by the quality, quantity and most importantly the reliability of the product in doing EXACTLY what it says on the tin.

The forum itself is great too, even just to get some feedback on your scales and absolute basics, or for an honest critique of where you're having problems from people who really do know the game inside and out.

Best of luck in your journey and I look forward to seeing you grow.

- Tommy
  • AlyonaAlyona Member, Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 288
    Hey @Magdalena !
    Welcome! It's awesome you are here!
  • MagdalenaMagdalena 2.0 PRO Posts: 6
    Thanks guys! @Alyona, @TommyM and @highmtn
    This is a fab place. I'm already glad I joined :smiley:
    Looking forward to learn from you all!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,111
    @Magdalena This is a really cool place to belong to. Aside from the tons of information here, all of the people are nice, and helpful. Especially the moderators. They know their stuff, and will always have an answer for you if you get hung up on something. It really rounds out the program nicely.

It's been a great experience for me so far so I hope you enjoy your challenge just as much.

Peace, Tony
  • SteffieSteffie 2.0 ENROLLED Posts: 1
    Hi everyone, I'm Steffie. I've been singing all my life in the bathroom, the car or when on my own. I and the rest of my family used to sing in the church choir, but people kept telling me not to sing so loud, so since about 5 years old, I've been singing from my throat. I'm much older now and I've decided, if I don't follow my dream to become a singer, I never will. I'm waiting for the DVD course to arrive, but have been practising with the free Streaming version of the 1st volume. I'm enjoying the learning process, and I think Ken is really engaging and his passion is pure. I have every faith that I'll soon be singing good enough to sing in public. I basically just want to do some busking around town and gig in bars and cafes. I sing in a local choir so I'll be able to put the skills that I'm learning through the course into practice before I branch out on my own.
  • TommyMTommyM Pro Posts: 270
    Hiya @Steffie, welcome on board! You'll find plenty of people in a similar position to yourself who've decided to finally go for it. I was using Ken's free YouTube videos for quite a while before I invested in the course and it's definitely been the best decision I've made for my voice. The free content is excellent and provides all the basics, but as you'll see in the course Ken goes into much more detail and breaks all this stuff down, so just keep watching the videos, doing the exercises and commit to improving your voice. It takes a lot of work but it's also a lot of fun, so don't lose sight of the fact that we all primarily sing for one reason: We love to do it.

Best of luck and I look forward to hearing more from you!