Home INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Just Joined - Need to know how to get going. Please share some comments.

Hi guys,
Sharing a video I made. Please help me with some comments on what I should work on, and how to go about doing it. I'v seen most of the KTVA videos available on youtube. Just need to know a few tips that might be specifically tailored for me.

https://youtu.be/rpaj_hBxd1I

Thanks,
Ahrar

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,111
    Pretty fancy production for a cover tune, but it sounded really good. Your voice has a nice tone to it.

How long have you been training your voice?

Peace, Tony
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    You seem to have pretty good technique nailed down already, with D5's in chest voice. Down low you're using a lot of breathy sound, but it sounds good for effect. That can dry your cords out, but it's fine if you don't do it too much.
  • AlyonaAlyona Member, Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 288
  • Furious_PhilFurious_Phil Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,421
    Very cool production, and killer vocals!!
  • ahrarmasudahrarmasud Member Posts: 7
    videoace said:

Pretty fancy production for a cover tune, but it sounded really good. Your voice has a nice tone to it.

How long have you been training your voice?

Peace, Tony

Hi Tony,
    It was an experimental video. Its funny, we probably focused more on the video than on the singing on this one. I have been singing almost all my life but hardly ever trained. Just chose songs and tried to nail them. Primarily had my focus on increasing range when I formed the band. Now trying to focus more on power and modulation.

I've seen people from the sub-continent with a high male voice type usually tend to have my tone. But I would love to develop some raspy, harsh power that westerners sometimes have.
    highmtn said:

You seem to have pretty good technique nailed down already, with D5's in chest voice. Down low you're using a lot of breathy sound, but it sounds good for effect. That can dry your cords out, but it's fine if you don't do it too much.

Thanks for your insight highmtn. I like to think the use of breathy sounds low down and sometimes high up is influenced by Circus Maximus and Savage Garden. For songs that are in an overall low key, I try to use the chest voice a bit more. But then again, there's not much call for power in those kinds of songs.

Is a D5 in chest voice a good thing? Let me hear your interpretation please.
    Alyona said:

Wow sounds awesome @ahrarmasud !

Thanks Alyona. Is this the right place to post more of my links and get your feedbacks?

Very cool production, and killer vocals!!

Thanks Furious_Phil,

Any idea how to get more involved in this forum? I might have a few questions I would like to ask.
  • AlyonaAlyona Member, Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 288
    @ahrarmasud Yes! I check here sometimes ))
  • Furious_PhilFurious_Phil Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,421
    @ahrarmasud , the easiest way is to get the course. There many different options for that now, so pick the one that suits you best, and enjoy the full access :smile:
  • themavthemav 2.0 PRO Posts: 6
    Wow! Sounds great! If this is what a new comer sounds like, I'd better get out of here 'cause I just joined too, and I can't even get close to this one. Great job! Sorry I'm not qualified to give you any good advice yet, other than to work through everything KTVA has to offer. Keep pushin' on. You have a great voice!
    Thanks very much man. I just joined the forum but I've actually been singing for quiet some time now. Why don't you share some of your demos? Do you have a recording setup at home?