Home Off Topic

Recommend an android interface for viewing the downloaded videos offline?

bRavonbRavon Pro Posts: 2
I'm going to miss the online streaming interface, when my 30 day access expires (I chose the downloads option). I'd like to find an android app that will do a comparable job, in cycling the videos. While offline, I am now viewing the videos through file managers, but the graphics and ease of use in file managers are not that great. Has anyone found an app that they like, for this? I would love a recommendation, to save some time... hopefully, something that can reside outside the internal storage.

Comments

• TommyMTommyM Pro Posts: 270
    Do you mean like a media player on your phone? The media player won't necessarily improve quality unless your phone supports it, so I'm not entirely sure what you're asking. Personally, I use the in-built media player on mine and it's never been a problem, but then again I don't really need to see the videos in 4K or hear the audio at 24 bit or anything so I haven't really looked outside of that. Also, if you're looking for an app for your phone then it's probably going to necessitate internal storage for the phone to access it.

So, I'm not entirely sure what you're looking for but if I can offer any suggestions that I gladly will!
  • Furious_PhilFurious_Phil Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,421
    @bRavon , I think I know what you asking...
    For video, I typically go for VideoLan Player, as it always has the right codecs to play just about anything.
    When you download the course, be advised that there are >30GB of data for the whole shebang, that being said, I always advise people to store the media files in the cloud like Google Drive or DropBox, and play them via VideoLan.

Hopefully that answered your question?

Cheers,

Phillip
  • bRavonbRavon Pro Posts: 2
    Thanks, Tommy and Phillip!

I installed VideoLan on a tablet, Phillip, and it's already helping. It is playing an uninterrupted chain of videos, for instance... and that, to me, is important for study. I looked up the developer, and I really liked what I read.

Your recommendation has saved me lots of time! :)

P.S.

Tommy, you're right about free storage space on my phones -- that struggle always continues. I may have to use a dedicated inactive phone, in the end. We shall see! (I use dropbox for wifi streaming, and will use an insignia flash reader on the road -- 64 gig sd card.)
  • Furious_PhilFurious_Phil Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,421
    edited April 2018
    @bRavon also remember that with both DropBox and GoogleDrive, you can set your files to available "offline". This allows you to access it without killing your data limit and uses substantially less space than storing the files locally :smile:
    But if you are using certain types of android devices, you most certainly can insert a large capacity SD card and not even touch the system storage!