Home INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Excited to be here!

steveeadssteveeads 2.0 PRO Posts: 2
I’m excited to begin seeing results from this program. I sang all thru elementary school, and when I got to middle school, couldn’t muster the courage for the solo audition. I picked up guitar in high school, played in a few bands. Sang some quiet background vocals. Then got a real job and that was it for a long time. Played guitar for church for years. (Big old school Tamplin fan!) And one day decided to get back into it for real. Got in a band, and did really well. Worked my way into some solid harmonies. Even sang some lead. Shaky but decent. I’ve always felt I had potential. But despite being able to play guitar in front of thousands, singing still intimidated me. In my current band, Red Reign, I handle lead guitar and front man duties, (speaking to the crowd, not lead singer) and some pretty elaborate harmonies and solo vocals. We toured with Tesla last summer and have shared the stage with many great bands. But I still believe I have untapped potential. I hope this program will unlock that! My goal is to be a competent lead vocalist, as well as solidifying my backgrounds and songwriting. Here’s our latest vid:

https://youtu.be/a3g8PB91ZC4

Thanks!! -Steve

Comments

• DiegoDiego Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,157
    Welcome @steveeads !
    The song sounds pretty good. It can always be improved. The production is good as well.
    Hope you have a good time here and doing the course as well!
    With dedication you will become a monster vocalist!
    Haha!

All the best,

-Diego
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,111
    I liked it. It had a killer guitar sound, lots of energy, and I especially liked the way you broke it up during the chorus. Nice job!
    The vid itself looked pretty expensive. Does your band have a CD, or are you just doing singles right now?

Peace, Tony
  • steveeadssteveeads 2.0 PRO Posts: 2
    The vid wasn’t terribly expensive. Yes, we have a CD, and are on iTunes and Amazon and few other sites. As far as future releases, we are contemplating the singles route. But CDs still sell at shows, so we will probably keep doing them. The BGVs on the video are from the studio, so it’s all the lead singer. Live we cover it well, but I really want to grow as singer.
  • Furious_PhilFurious_Phil Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,421
    Kickass band mate!
    I won't kid you, the course takes allot of work on the part of the candidate, but the payoffs are relatively quick... and will happen even if you are somewhat slack with it... just not as fast.
    It is a pretty fun course and is chock-full of easter eggs that you'll probably only understand 1-2 years down the road when you re-watch the videos.
    Trust me, I have had a handfull of facepalm "Why didn't I see that back then?" moments already LOL

Rock on brother!
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    This course will rock your voice, @steveeads! Just hang in there and do the work. The voice will come. If you do your part, your voice will grow like crazy, in due time.