Home GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum

Building a life workout after ending the course

I need a suggestion guys. When you complete all the fives volumes, what are the best exercices to build a 1 hour workout (1h and a half max, easier to find the time for it every day this way) for the rest of your life who will train every part of your voice ? I suppose you have to take a combo of volumes 3/4/5 but how to make it optimal ?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,111
    @DeadISnake Hopefully by the time you reach the end of the course, you will know your voice better than anybody else to make that decision. At that point you should be large, and in charge. You should also know what works best for your voice, and you may change it up depending on weather, health, time of day, etc.....
    Plus, if you bought the full course you have the lessons, and tools available for the rest of your life to fall back on. (which I still can't believe was so cheap!)

I myself have a long way to go before I get there (the end of the course), but I will surely be using it all the time as a reference manual so to speak.

Peace, Tony
  • Furious_PhilFurious_Phil Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,421
    edited May 2018
    I am not done yet (by any stretch of the imagination), but I can tell you that I use the Volume 2 piano-only workout enroute to rehearsals or gigs. Its enough to get me warmed up, but not so much as to tax my voice before a performance.

I think I'll probably do something with an alternating focus, for example:
    Day 1: Chest voice Maintenance Training (Vol-3 'Piano only')
    Day 2: Head Voice development Training (always striving for that A5!!!)
    Day 3: Chest Voice Maintenance Training (Vol-3 'Piano only')
    Day 4: Mixed Voice Development Training (Tying it all together)
    Day 5: Chest Voice Maintenance Training (Vol-3 'Piano only')
    Day 6: Vocal Licks & Tricks Playtime Training (Pro Packs)
    Day 7: Off
  • DeadISnakeDeadISnake Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 10
    Thank you for your answers guys. I'm myself at volume 3 and I do the audio workout with Ken everyday. It looks to me like it train every part of the voice. I know 4 and 5 are specific to head and mixed voice but audio workout are pretty long so I suppose I should alternate during the week like you say Phil.
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    Look at how long Ken has been training. His daily workout is essentially the volume 3 workout, and then some. He does approximately an hour and a half, and then he's ready to start recording or working with students, singing along. He changes it up some, adds some of the Volume 3 stamina workouts, but essentially Volume 3 is enough to make you big and strong like Ken for a lifetime. Change it up to stay entertained and challenged.
  • DeadISnakeDeadISnake Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 10
    Thank you a lot, you just made my lifetime workout :D
  • bentkbentk Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,650
    I also use VOL3 as a kind of guide, but i do change some things and add some head voice exercises to it. make sure you are training all the aspects of the voice, and perhaps keep challenging yourself with more difficult scales. Some of the scales i find less comfortable, but i keep doing them to get good at those as well. It's just important to always really focus on what you are doing, and checking to see if you are not forgetting anything or doing something wrong.

Once you get better and further into the course, you'll see :)

All the best,

Ben