Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!

octave sirens?

halcyonhalcyon Enrolled Posts: 50
could you guys take a listen at my octve sirens and give me some feedback?

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354

Hi, Cyon.

This sounds like a four pillars exercise.  MMMMMMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!

Kinda like asking Robert Lunte to critique your "It's the Lah, AH!"

Not that I'm an authority on his methods, but it sounds like you need to be more connected on these.  In other words, there is a gap between the lows and the highs where it jumps and skips a portion of the slide.

Bob

• halcyonhalcyon Enrolled Posts: 50
    Yeah i totally get what you mean bob

Im just trollin here hahah

but seriously ur dead on

Anyway how is your progress bob? I never heard you post a clip these days

Come on show us a demo :D

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354

Cyon, I haven't done any clips of exercises.  You've probably already heard the two tunes I did a couple of months ago.

http://soundcloud.com/highmtn/everything-i-own-080812

http://soundcloud.com/highmtn/f-l-m-l-bob-h

I'll be posting more as I get a chance to put something together.  I want to do some of the tracks from the Head Voice Webinar, but right now I'm focusing on stretching chest, so the Head Voice tracks will have to wait.  I'm working on strengthening my support and extending my range.  Not to mention, I'm ensuring that my basic Open Throat LAH! is really, really what it needs to be, since that is the basic building block of every note that comes from our voice!

Don't worry, Cyon!  I'll be posting lots of demos as I get myself on track with my basic foundation.  There is so much room for growth, it's almost staggering to think about, but really exciting at the same time!  I'm really having a blast working Ken's program, and feel like I'm on the verge of a number of breakthroughs with my voice.  I'm so glad I found KTVA and that it really is all that it's cracked up to be!

Bob

• XplosiwXplosiw Enrolled Posts: 19
    Wow, you sound great! Especially in the "feel like making love" -phrases.
  • sspatricksspatrick Enrolled Posts: 1,278
    I think they sound pretty good. The last one was a little disconnected, and lighter when you went for the note on its own. My concern is with the set up the nasal mm sound. I'm not sure I would want that embedded in my technique. That's the strength I find in KTVA. The exercises are simple and there are no unnecessary set ups that you will not use when singing an actual song.

Thanks, Xplo!

Bob