Home INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Hello from NH

fiddlecrazy90fiddlecrazy90 2.0 ENROLLED Posts: 4
Hello Singers!

My name is Estelle (27yrs old) and I'm new to the program. I started singing when I was 4yrs old singing along to Disney movies such as The Little Mermaid and Aladdin; from belting Celine Dion to Whitney Houston. I'm currently in an indie band with my friends as lead singer and I've been enjoying it very much. All the songs that we are doing are all originals. We are currently practicing 3 times a week going over songs and then recording them in the studio. We are going pedal to the metal and wanna launch the project this Summer.
For all these years of singing I never had vocal lessons in my life. I've always put in thought of taking vocal lessons to give my voice some more oomph, but where I live however, I feel that there's no mentors around that would fit into what I'm looking for. A few weeks ago, I discovered Ken Tamplin on Youtube and was saying to myself; WOW! This man is legit! He's real, honest and I totally agree with his motto "The Proof is in the Singing".
What I really want to get out of from this course is to decrease vocal tension because in the past every time I would sing songs that are a challenge, my voice would sound worn, tired, and I would fear the high notes. Plus I would like to improve on singing vowels and consonants. I have wicked bad grammer. Recording to me is wicked stressful when it comes to being precise to the lyrics. I hope that I can get better at that and to be more confident when I sing.
Music to me is my LIFE! It is my passion. It got me through the tough times in middle school and high school being picked on a lot and being an outcast. As a singer and through the songs I'm gonna sing through the project, I want to inspire people and connect with listeners. Through music, I wanna help people who faced the tough times..people who are struggling in this world..people who have anxiety.. people who are afraid of being themselves and not knowing deep down who they are. I wanna let them know through the lyrics that they are not alone in the battle. I've struggled with anxiety and finding myself for a longtime. Last yr I was able to find myself and taught myself how to cope with anxiety and now doing so much better.
Anyways that's my story. I'm so excited to take this course and to grow from it. Plus I'm looking forward to interacting with others on here.
Thanks!

Comments

• Gaston_JaureguiGaston_Jauregui Moderator, Enrolled, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,004
    welcome! you´ve come to the right place, get ready to rock your voice! @fiddlecrazy90
  • DiegoDiego Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,157
    @fiddlecrazy90 Welcome to the family !
    I can relate to you on so many levels.

When I started, I always wanted to go for the BIG songs, the ones that I thought were out of my range but I realized there is no such thing as "out of my range", because with enough practice and dedication, you can do stuff you never imagined possible. I still pretty much have a LOT of room for growth and I don't plan on stopping anytime soon.

Music is also my passion, it has gotten me through some very hard times. And when I feel down, I usually use that negative energy and turn it into something I can use to train even harder. No matter what you do, there will always be people that will try to bring you down, and you just have to keep on going. Turn weakness into strength

And I see you want to learn how to decrease vocal tension. This course will probably teach you a lot more than only decreasing vocal tension, it will make you a better singer in every area. The people here are awesome, so always try to use the forums when you have a doubt, because they always help. I can say that if you use this course in the best way possible I can guarantee you will grow a lot.

Phew, that was a lot of typing.
    Anyways, have fun and practice!

All the best,
    -Diego

• bentkbentk Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,650
    Welcome Estelle!

This is the place to grow your voice. It takes time and dedication, but it's a great journey!

All the best,

Ben
  • fiddlecrazy90fiddlecrazy90 2.0 ENROLLED Posts: 4
    Thank you so much Diego for your kinds words. I agree with everything that you said. When it comes to singing, you gotta sing from the inside and to express yourself without fear. It took me almost a couple yrs to free myself from voices in my mind saying I can't and fear of what people would think of me. I agree that there are negative people out there and they'll try to bring you down. We just gotta shake it off and move on to our strengths which is our voices and to kill it either on stage or by EP. I'm so glad that music has also made you stronger and to overcome life struggles. I'm deff gonna be buckling down and practicing to grow and improve more on my singing voice.
    Thank you @Gaston_Jauregui . Hope your singing journey is rocking so far!
    Thank you @bentk . I'm so excited to start my musical journey. Gonna be a lot of time, dedication and practice. At the sametime tho, I'm gonna have a blast. Hope your journey so far has been rocking!
    HAPPY SINGING!
  • bentkbentk Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,650
    @fiddlecrazy90

I have been reaping the benefits from KTVA for quite a while now, so i can speak from experience; it really works!

I wish you all the best with your musical endeavors, see you around on the forum :)

All the best,

Ben