Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!

3 months on Vol3.

CsesztesCsesztes Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 102
Hey Guys,

i have been doing Vol.3 for 3 months now, and i am making some "singing gains". :)

Finally, i am able to sing some of my favourite metal songs. Altough, I have a long way to go, it is not deafening at least and it does not damage my throat. :D After i finished the songs i did not get any hoarseness, so cool. :)

Bruce Dickinson - Tears of the Dragon
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1szKv1Uke6JDaTZHIJxdBj7ZWN7qXIFT3

Helloween- Eagly Fly Free
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Eq-hpUILMpR6oiS1N2at76xygEIV0a24

Anyways, thanks for reading and do not hestitate to share how are you doing on your singing journey. :)

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    Congratulations on the gains you have made. Do keep working to increase your support. A little brighter would be good, as well.
  • CsesztesCsesztes Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 102
    Thank you for the suggestions @highmtn. :)
    Appreciated.
  • Gaston_JaureguiGaston_Jauregui Moderator, Enrolled, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,004
    @Csesztes Hi! I would add to @Highmtn that you do the workout with a lot of focus on the pitch, make every note count and as important as the next while you are going up on the scales, if you have the feeling you are either rushing through the scales or not matching the pitch, I would do it lighter first and then hard :)
    Hello @Gaston_Jauregui !

First of all thank you for your comment.

I have a friend who i sing together with, and he mentioned several times, that sometimes my pitch is off, especially in the lower registers. To be honest, i did not put effort to fix this, becasue i want to sing high yesterday. :D, so i avoided addressing the issue. Now that you mentioned it too, i will try to put emphasis on this aspect as well, as well as more support and brighter tone.

Regarding support, i do not really know how i improve it or how should i change my mindset to be more efficient. After my singing workouts, my lower back almost every single time gets wet, and when i weighted workout after singing, i can feel that my body is a little drained. I also use glottal comression. ( At least i think, holding back the air as much as possible.)
    So i think i am putting max effort into my support training, maybe i just need to strenghten the diaphram even more. Or do you have any tweak that maybe can increase support other than " brute force"?

Regarding the bright tone, yesterday i started to pay more attention to chord closure , especially around the bridge and headvoice areas in hope to achieve a more brither, " pingier " tone. Also, i think i need to experiment with my vowel placement as well, put it more to the front, however i noticed, when i do that my throat tries to be more engaged than it should.

Thanks
    Csesztes
  • Gaston_JaureguiGaston_Jauregui Moderator, Enrolled, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,004
    @Csesztes this is something I do to make sure I use my support correctly,
    I do a crunch like Ken does in the program on EVERY SCALE and take my time, or on a seat without a back seat like this:
    MAKE SURE YOU USE YOUR LOWER ABDOMEN IN ANY FORM!
    MAKE SURE YOU FEEL FREE IN YOUR THROAT
    AGAIN DO IT ON EVERY SCALE

get the feeling of it, and then once you have practiced this way for a while and I mean a while
    you try to do it standing up

Wow, i guess strange, but effective exercises. Thank you so much Gaston, i will definitely try this out. I guess it will make the workout even harder.

Btw, i was curios from who i was taking advice, so i checked you out. :D
    Man, You rock! \m/
    thanks @Csesztes we are all here to help!