Home INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Starting from Zero with Two Girls 9 and 12

Hi! I just purchased The Course Plus to use with my two daughters, age 9 and 12 who like to sing in the shower and with the radio in the car but have never had formal lessons. We are diving in working the Quickstart Guide and joining the forums seemed to be step one! We are going to record a "before" video but might wait to share it. We have a lot of issues with pitch, tone, volume..pretty much everything you can imagine. In the meantime, if anyone has any comments or suggestions about how I might need to modify the course content for young children, please let me know. Thanks!

Comments

• Furious_PhilFurious_Phil Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,421
    Make sure you email the support team to get your forum access upgraded so you'll have access to the really informative part of the forum :smile:
  • 2girls_singing2girls_singing 2.0 PRO Posts: 2
    Thanks! Yes, I sent in the email!
  • JehoaidaJehoaida 2.0 ENROLLED Posts: 7
    Ha Ha, I was thinking the same thing about recording a "before" video.
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    Youngsters have a way of memorizing things if you just watch it or play it enough times. Repetition works well. Just keep watching the lessons together and doing the exercises along with Ken. Pretty soon the girls will be mouthing the words as Ken speaks them, and know every exercise. They will be ahead of you, most likely.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,111
    @2girls_singing Sounds like a great activity for yourself, and the kids. The only problem you may have studying with the children is that one of them will most likely "get it" quicker, and easier than the other so keeping it fun, interesting, and trying to keep everybody on the same pace is going to be the hard part.

Kids in general love music, singing, and will take to both rather quickly if they are enjoying themselves. Just try to keep it fun.

Peace, Tony