Home INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Hello from Canada!

Hi everyone!

My name is Megan and I’m super excited about joining KTVA!

I’ve loved singing my whole life. In school I was a part of choir and musical theatre - always my favourite things! I also sang in church. After high school I didn’t do a lot of singing, especially after getting married and having kids. Now I want to get back into it and have started singing on my church worship team, so here I am! I’ll have to be creative with practicing since I’m mom to four kiddos 7 and under, but I’m determined to make it work!

I’ve started watching the volume 1 videos and have already learned so much. I can’t wait to start the workouts!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,111
    Hello Megan, and welcome to the forum.

Determination will be a big help to you through your new journey. In time you will be very pleased with how your voice developes.

Good luck to you, and happy singing.

Peace, Tony
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    Glad to have you here, Megan!

Welcome!

Bob
  • Furious_PhilFurious_Phil Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,421
    @faithhopelove , good to see another Canadian aboard!

You'll eventually find the 30-60 minutes of time, as it fits with your family. Mine kind of settled in around 7:00pm, as that was a slight lull in the family flow. My family just knows now that at that time I go into the basement studio area and make my weird sounds lol

All the ribbing I get for it aside, my youngest son just expressed interest in both vocals and guitar, so I am a happy camper :smiley:

Regardless, keep us posted on your progress, and don't be shy about posting when you need help.

Cheers,

Phillip
  • Gaston_JaureguiGaston_Jauregui Moderator, Enrolled, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,004
    Welcome Megan you are gomna have a blast with the program!
  • faithhopelovefaithhopelove 2.0 PRO Posts: 8
    Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

@Furious_Phil Thanks for your encouragement, it’s good to hear from others who are also balancing singing with family commitments and kids! That’s so exciting that your love of music is rubbing off on your son as well! 😊