Home Newbies Demo Area - for those who want to test the waters!

Stone sour - song#3 - Cover..

Hello everyone.. I wasn't born a singer at all, so I've practicing really hard for the past 7 months.. I'm gonna leave here a cover of this awesome song I did last week so you can tell me your thoughts on my singing, advices.. Anything that can help me is very much welcome.. Thanks!!!
https://youtu.be/7aXhcC8jtbw

Comments

• stratmanstratman Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 364
    @Victorg_1994 It would be good if you posted a LAH scale rather than a song as it's easier for us to zone in on things to help you with. Regards this song ... the first 25 sec was a bit breathy. With more support you can sing quietly but with better tone (less breathy). After this point, you sang a lot of notes in D4-E4 area in your call voice but it was a bit shouty i.e. not well controlled/supported. I heard moments of distortion but hard to tell whether you were doing that safely, although I suspect not. There are a lot of pitch issues for you to work on (you can fix this with lots of scale practice to build muscle memory)
  • Victorg_1994Victorg_1994 Member Posts: 8
    edited July 2018
    Thank you so much for your time and sorry for the double post, it was a mistake as I thought it didn't save one of the posts... OK OK, I'll record a LAH scale so I can get more help, as well as practice even more... Thank you so much! I'll work on my support too! > @stratman said:
    > @Victorg_1994 It would be good if you posted a LAH scale rather than a song as it's easier for us to zone in on things to help you with. Regards this song ... the first 25 sec was a bit breathy. With more support you can sing quietly but with better tone (less breathy). After this point, you sang a lot of notes in D4-E4 area in your call voice but it was a bit shouty i.e. not well controlled/supported. I heard moments of distortion but hard to tell whether you were doing that safely, although I suspect not. There are a lot of pitch issues for you to work on (you can fix this with lots of scale practice to build muscle memory)
  • Gaston_JaureguiGaston_Jauregui Moderator, Enrolled, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,004
    @Victorg_1994 hi, to what @stratman i would only add to brighten the sound a little more like ken explains in his videos! :)
  • Troll much? I can see that you will be gone by morning. Enjoy yourself while you still can.

Peace