Home The Singer's Lobby
Options

What do you think of this guy's voice?

simodefasimodefa 2.0 PRO Posts: 12
edited August 2018 in The Singer's Lobby
www.youtube.com/watch?v=5irlaX6qNdg

Incredible range, very good technique?, but still I feel something is missing, like a bit of mid low frequencies. What do you think?

I'm sorry I may have posted it in the wrong category.

Comments

• Options
    Furious_PhilFurious_Phil Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,421
    Moved to the Singer's Lobby for you :smile:

For the most part, he sounds pretty cool and has the Sebastian Bach sound down.
    I'm far from a definitive expert on all things vocal, but I think that he might be pushing that high end edgy distortion into some pretty dangerous zones...
    It cost SB his high range within a few years.
    Of course, singing in a high-performance manner requires a fair amount of maintenance to keep your voice from self-destructing... Just relying on natural talent without a solid foundation and a maintenance routine is pretty much a vocal death sentence.
  • Options
    Gaston_JaureguiGaston_Jauregui Moderator, Enrolled, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,004
    sounds really cool, but he mostly over pronounces a lot and as @Furious_Phil said, he is going in some dangerous zones with that distortion
  • Options
    @Gaston_Jauregui, I think the over-pronunciations are an effect of him mimicking Sebastian Bach's style... which is pretty darned close.
  • Options
    Gaston_JaureguiGaston_Jauregui Moderator, Enrolled, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,004
    edited August 2018
    @Furious_Phil yes it is really close and sounds really cool!! but keeping the voice safe is more my concern always instead of how close we can get to any artist, i come from a lot of vocal struggle and damage so Its been a long run, and I always tend to sound harsh when I say this things but its always in terms of saving time and voice haha not in any bad sense at all
  • Options
    I totally get what you're saying with that.
    Of course I'm more focused on doing it safe that to be a carbon copy... UNLESS of course the singer was doing it safely to begin with :+1: