Home Vocal Health and Wellness

Acapella

How do singers know if they hit the right notes when singing acapella? You can't check against the piano as you are singing acapella.

Comments

• Gaston_JaureguiGaston_Jauregui Moderator, Enrolled, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,004
    @ingenting hi, well , there are actually three ways the first one
    is just singing a random note and hope you get the right key or a not very high or low one

the second one there is a device that gives you every pitch so you hear it and match it, there is probably a cellphone app that does that if not you can get it probably on any music store, guitar center or something

the third: and this one is imposible for i think 95% of the population, is having something called Perfect pitch ( mozart, michael jackson, prince, mariah carey, Beethoven, Bach) which is basically a gift from God, you hear any pitch and you know exactly what note is it, this isn´t something that you can learn how to do is something you are born with, at least to my knowledge and i´ve studied about this subject for a while

when i found this one out I was so mad haahha still i am
    hope this helps
    Gaston
  • I think people with "perfect pitch" are just people more sensitive to frequencies than most. I know when I hit certain notes on my guitar, it's like screeching metal tearing into each other, but thats the sound I look for on guitar. It's kind of like my "ping".

To sing acapella, you either have to have major confidence, and talent, or just be one brave soul lol.

Peace, Tony