Home INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Hello Folks!

Hi!

My Name is Chris and I live in the very nice city Würzburg in Germany. Glad to found Ken and this community!

I started singing when I was just about 5 years old (well, that's when i joined a childrenschoire so i probably "sang" before too... :smiley:

I continued with Gospelmusic and made some experiences with an accapella Combo. At 16 Years I took a chance to work as a conductor for a little choire near my hometown. I went to a professional school for Music (where I studied drums). I'm 28 now and just finished musical college. So I did a lot of singing my whole life but guess what:

I still have no concrete Idea of vocal technique! Well, since I studied drums I did not get in touch with the pro teachers. But that's why I'm so glad to be here - because as far as I progressed in Volume 1 it really feels that Ken can tell and show me what is happening inside (even through a Video, that I was very sceptical about).

My first goal is building a strong support, cause I'd really like to get crazy with some Deep Purple stuff.

I'm looking forward to get in touch with you! I came across some postings and this community seems pretty strong.
Cheers, Chris :blush:

Comments

• Furious_PhilFurious_Phil Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,421
    Welcome Chris,
    You're in for a fun ride!
    Just take your time with it and resist the urge to jump ahead.
    There is a ton of resources here on the forum, so feel free to deep-dive into all of the posts and articles. This is especially useful if you are having difficulty with something, as chances are that someone else has already, and there is a fantastic answer solution to be found :smile:
  • ChrisFromWürzburgChrisFromWürzburg 2.0 PRO Posts: 12
    Thank you, Phil the Furious!
  • bentkbentk Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,650
    Welcome Chris!

I see you got the Pro pack, a great choice, i can tell you from experience.
    Have patience, do 4 or more workouts per week and don't go too fast. Take up all the info you can get. Seeing you are a Pro member, you can access the pro videos on the forum as well. A great addition to the course.

It's good that you already have a musical background, it goes without saying that this will benefit you a lot.

There is always help here at the forum. Make sure to really practice when you do your workouts. Really focus. Quality is very important. Slowly you will grasp all the concepts, and they'll become muscle memory.

Some of these things may seem straightforward and logical, but it's just my experience talking i guess.

I wish you all the best,

Ben
    Hi Ben,
    thanks for your warm welcome. To be honest, it's a bit hard to only stick to where I am right now (since I downloaded everything at once and there is access to so much Information). But i bet you know what I mean :wink:

Yeah I know it's neccesary to be focused while practising. But right now I'm more afraid that singin on work (witch means "not always 100% focused singing") will slow progress down a bit.
  • Whats up Chris? Always good to see a new, and excited student.

Deep Purple....one of my favorites. (especially the "Made in Japan" recordings)

If you had a good singing voice after the years you have already sang, your voice is probably going to sky rocket with this course. It's everything Ken says it is, and then some. I'm personally addicted to it.

Hope to see you around, and hear some of that Deep Purple after you get settled in a little bit.

Peace, Tony

• Gaston_JaureguiGaston_Jauregui Moderator, Enrolled, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,004
    welcome Chris! you are gonna love KTVA!
    > @videoace said:
    > Deep Purple....one of my favorites. (especially the "Made in Japan" recordings)

Dito! >:)
    Yeah, i take a couple of weeks to find my basics and than do a purple demo for you (and for me - Im really looking forward to see what will happen).