Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!

Come as you are- Nirvana

DiegoDiego Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,157

Please give me feedback, wanted to try a new Genre.
Tried just use a rapsy tone on some parts I think needed it.

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    You did a good job on this. Your voice fits the style of the song. The grindy sound on your voice might not be all that good for your voice, but it sounds about right for this genre.
  • DiegoDiego Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,157
    Thanks a ton Bob, by the way, what do I need to improve in this recording?
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    That's a hard question to answer, being that this is a Nirvana song. Kurt Cobain, God rest his soul, deliberately sang just about everything in a way that was not a good example of singing. So it wouldn't be fair to say something is flat or sharp or ugly, because Kurt often sang things like he just didn't give a rip. For all their popularity, Nirvana had a lot of songs that were not that pleasant to listen to. But that's what made them who they were.

The rasp sound a little bit rough, and the high notes a little bit pinched, but that might be appropriate for this song.
    Thanks for the feedback Bob ! :)
  • KaiEllisKaiEllis Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 215
    @Diego Just wanna chime in and say I LOVE this song and that I dig your performance. Agree with @highmtn - the sound is about right. Might help if the high notes were a little more open. But like Bob said - that's kind of typical of Kurt's sound, that rough, raspy, straining from the soul kind of sound, so it may have been what you were going for!
    Thanks for the awesome feedback
    @KaiEllis ! I love this song too! I love Kurts sound in this song.
  • MoftemMoftem Enrolled Posts: 114
    Wow! Grindy stuff! I like your crunch. How long have you been working the program? I think the pitching on the high notes in the verse is a little flat/shaky (which you may choose to do deliberately of course), but overall this is really grunge!
    edited January 2018
    Thank you @Moftem appreciate the feedback,
    I've been watching Kens free videos and used them to their 100%, I might get the course some day though, I've been watching the videos for like 6 months. I like how it's turning out though. I think I did focus more on getting Kurt's sound, that I forgot to make the high notes a tiny bit more open, but I'll work on it though. Once again, I thank you for the feedback! :-)

Cheers,
    -Diego
  • MoftemMoftem Enrolled Posts: 114
    edited January 2018
    Np. But dude, get the full course. If you regret it (which you won't), there's a 60 days refund guaranteed. I was a long time lurker on the free youtube vids too.
  • KaiEllisKaiEllis Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 215
    @Diego I gotta cosign with @Moftem . If you've been working with the free videos for six months, I can't even tell you how much the full course will skyrocket you.
  • jean441jean441 Member Posts: 5
    this is a hard song to sing need to work too much on it