Home Vocal Health and Wellness

LPR and low stomach acid

Hi Guys!
I'd like to share with you my experience with my vocal issues. First of all i got chronic post nasal drip and tons of mucus in the back of my throat which makes me out of singing compeletely no vocal closure sometimes even problems with bright ping on my lower notes. I checked my sinuses which are clear i had two operations: tonsilectomy and conchoplasty. None of this helped. I did some allergy test but I'm totally clear. Anyway i discovered that it's not just GERD there's something called lpr and what's more reflux is not always caused by exessive stomach acid there could be lack of it as well. So i decided to do a kind of experiment. I drink one glass of water with flat spoon of baking soda. After that I should've burp or belch after a minute or two but guess what, i got some gently belching after more than 4 minutes. Now I'm talking betaine hcl with pepsin and im adding one capsule more before every meal. The funny part is i just took 12 PILLS after my supper and really nothing happened! No burning sensation in esophagus or throat! I'm gonna increase it till i start to feel sth. I'm sharing this because someone might got the same or similar issue. It's all about sharing experience and i still believe in KTVA and Ken Tamplin's method because in the end the proof is in the singing.

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    Hi, @flea248.

You should check with a doctor regarding the trials you are doing with the medications.

As you must know, you NEED acid in your stomach to properly digest your food. It's mostly when the acid gets into places where it doesn't belong that you start getting issues from the acid.

You don't want to get into a situation where self-medication causes issues.

12 pills sounds very excessive. Most medications, including over-the-counter, are not meant to be taken in excess, or for longer than a few days.

All the Best!

Bob
  • David80David80 Member Posts: 1
    Hello flea248
    Im also dealing with same problem as you. How did betaine and pepsin work for you?
    Do you still have post nasal drip?
  • flea248flea248 Pro Posts: 56
    Hi!
    Unfortunately it still bothers me.