Home Musical Gear and Equipment!!!

PA

hello everybody
I'm new here and I'm thinking about to buy a PA for singing and guitar, Singer-Songwriting style. Does anybody in here has any experience with a Sonton PICCO aktiv-PA-System? I've got an offer for 515$
Thanks for any advices and have a good day

Comments

• Furious_PhilFurious_Phil Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,421
    I haven't used that particular system, but I have a similar modular system made by Fender called the Passport 500. It is super easy to pack around and puts out a solid clean sound. I got it for $300 used

Depending on which model you are looking at and what components come with it, $515 might be a good deal?
  • OliviaOlivia 2.0 PRO Posts: 8
    Hi Phil
    Thanks for your Feedback. Since I don't know any good System, I can't tell what I am Looking for… Just something good but too expensive :smile: something for small concerts for just voice and guitar. It does Sound not too bad, but it would still be too much, if its Nothing good, I mean worth it... and I read different Things About it online. It would come with 2 boxes, 1 Subwoofer and mixer. Doesnt Sound bad, but I just thoughed someone in here has made personal experience with it..
    But I'm going to look into the one you said. Maybe I'll find something nice. Otherwise I'm thinking About doing the concert without a System. Since its not a too big room and I dont expect many People ;)
  • @Olivia another option is to rent a small PA from you local musical instrument store.

Peace, Tony
  • Furious_PhilFurious_Phil Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,421
    Tony's suggestion is a very good one! With a rental, you get to "try before you buy".
    Another thing to take into consideration is size and weight.
    That is a major reason why I got the Passport 500, as it is the size of a piece of luggage, so I can easily carry and set it up all by myself... and it packs 500 watts of clean punch as well :+1:
  • OliviaOlivia 2.0 PRO Posts: 8
    Thank you both guys! I was thinking of renting as well, but since I dont live where I'm going to Play, and have to retourn Sunday, it would be a bit difficult to return the stuff.. I went to a Music store where I'm gonna Play, and they told me, that they do not even know the brand..
    Have a great Sunday
    Olivia