Homeβ€Ί Welcome

New guy intro

cnbaucomcnbaucom Member, 2.0 PRO Posts: 10
Greetings! I obtained the course in mid-February and have been working with the Vol. 1 material for a little over 2 weeks now. I feel that I'm just beginning to develop a "feel" for some of the target physical sensations. It's clear that I have a long way to go, but that is very encouraging for building confidence in the potential gains to be had.

A little about me...

I am no spring chicken, but still rocking as I approach my 58th birthday. I started in my early 20's with ambitions to be a guitarist. I was deployed aboard Navy ships with the USMC readiness force in the Mediterranean with an experienced guitarist and a lot of free time. My guitar mentor formed a band composed of Navy and Marines, but they had no singer. I was recruited to fill that spot (since I wasn't yet good enough on guitar to contribute).

When I returned to civilian life, I formed a garage band with a neighbor and friends who were equally novice musicians. My goal was still to be a guitarist, but once again we had no singer. I was the only one willing/somewhat able to play and sing, so I agreed to fill that role until we could find a singer. After a while of no luck finding a replacement, my band mates asked me to focus on singing. Yes, my guitar abilities left much to be desired. :smile:

Over the years I sang (and played a little guitar) doing occasional bar gigs, parties, weddings, etc. with a couple of groups. For most of that time I was part of a regular jam session with some very talented musicians (would call it a band, but we were all too busy with careers, families, etc. to pursue regular gigs).

Over the last couple of years I have been trying to assemble a working band. After a couple of false starts (like suffering a heart attack in Feb. 2016), I have just begun working with my long-time lead guitarist, our original drummer from the early to mid-90's, and a new bass player - doing mostly 70's/60's classic rock. It's too early to see where this will go, but we're off to a promising start.

So, after many years of "winging it" on natural(?) ability, I've decided to actually learn to establish more control over my voice, especially as I'm getting older and the high notes aren't quite what they used to be.

I don't have any recent recordings, but here is something we recorded a few years ago...
https://youtube.com/watch?v=AOHPlHVAqEQ

Happy trails,
Chris

Comments