Home Newbies Demo Area - for those who want to test the waters!

Looking for any feedback.

Just started back up after a 20 year break. Just discovered KTVA and am going to start with Ken's you tube videos. Any feedback is much appreciated.

Comments

• I would say that it's not bad for a 20 year break, but there were some issues that I was hearing.
    When you were singing the softer/lower register in the beginning it was breathy sounding. (too much air actually kills the vocal cords)
    About halfway through you seemed to be running out of steam, and really had to increase the volume level to reach the end of some phrases. (more air = irritated vocal cords)
    Some spots were pitchy, but that's due to the air management problem.
    If you can get your air management under control I think you would sound that much better.

Check out Ken's videos on Diaphragmatic Breath Support. That will be a great starting block.

Peace, Tony
  • weiland857weiland857 2.0 PRO Posts: 2
    Much appreciated.
  • Gaston_JaureguiGaston_Jauregui Moderator, Enrolled, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,004
    @weiland857 agree with tony, also to fix the pitch problems I would work on the brightness of the sound, that Ken does in the Diaphragmatic support video from Ken, you will notice he is consistent on the scales going up and down in terms of brightness, usually we tend to darken the sound as we go down so heads up :)