Home GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum

my voice

Hi, guys. I'm sorry for writing here again. I don't mean to exploite your patience or anything like that. I try to seek the answer by myself best as I can. But right now I just don't like the sound of my voice. When I go throught passagio my voice gets thin, and it's good, as far as I know! Ken said that, like a rocketship, voice should thinness when you go up the scale. But it's just sounds annoying to me. It's more of a squeaky sound. Here, I recorded my sound:

0:35 - that's where I go through passagio. That's E4. Then I go a little bit higher to F4.

I know my pitch is not good, but right now it's not a point for me.

Comments

• bentkbentk Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,650
    What is your question? Go to Ken's youtube channel, he does some scales in some videos. That will give you an idea.

You are not doing so bad, and you are aware of your pitch issues.

All the best,

Ben
  • WhitesnakeWhitesnake Member Posts: 131
    edited November 2018
    @bentk I'm sorry if I didn't asked clear enough. When I went to F4 here, my voice start to sorta squeak. Or it's just me and it's normal?

Edit: when I listen to Ken is sounds to me that when he go through that passagio, his voice gets stronger as much as it gets thin. So it's sorta balance off. But for me it just gets more thin, but without that power, so it's sounds annoying. When I try to add power to the sound, I start to tense up.
  • bentkbentk Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,650
    I am just going to say this again: We can't go into details in the public area of the forum. The course itself is all you need, and the forum is a bonus that comes along with it. It's not that people are keeping 'secrets' which you only learn when you pay up, but it's more of a method. A method that works. One that can be discussed in great detail.

This is the whole point of the forum. A starting area for curious people (we listen to video/audio uploads from members as well) that want to get a little more direction, and a big house of information that comes along with a purchase of KTVA. Naturally, PRO gives you the most access. You will always get the advice to save up for the course when you are a member.

All the best,

Ben
  • doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    Hi @Whitesnake,

good starting point. To your question: yes that's normal. You have to more perfect practice to extend you range. Some points:

- More support (https://youtube.com/watch?v=Wv3T-xA28fE&t=73s)
    - Brigthen the LAH even more
    - Be patient

In the following video (and the other parts) you will get very, very helpful informations. DO the the exercises with Ken!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhWKAQriCJo

Regards,
    Doc