Home Off Topic

Bio

Michael4000Michael4000 STREAMING PRO Posts: 992
I've seen some posts recently where people requested information about another member. For example @doc_ramadani today asked someone where they were from...someone else recently asked a members age. I was wondering how everyone would feel about a brief bio section in everyone's profile with basic information such as age, where they're from, singing experience, musical instrument background, occupation, etc (all of this would be optional). Nothing too personal this isn't Facebook lol. I know we already have an introduce yourself section but that requires a lot of digging. I thought it would be useful if you could just click on someone's name for example and say "Oh that's Michael from New York he plays the piano." @highmtn have you or any of the other head honchos considered this?

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    edited November 2018
    That hasn't been proposed before, Michael.

A number of people have in fact given thumbnail versions of who they are and what their own story is, as you say, in the Introduce Yourself area.

I don't really know the mechanics of how something like that would be set up. It would have to be optional, because some people want to remain more anonymous than that.

They don't call this program Vanilla Forums for nothing. It's a little bit limited functionality-wise.
  • doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    Hi @Michael4000,

personally I like to know something about the people I share this forum. And I spread the information about myself very freely. I like your idea.

An easy way to manage this would be our personal profiles (look at mine).

Regards,
    Doc
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    That works pretty well, Marco. That may be about as good as we can make it, but that's functional and informative.