Home Off Topic

Thanksgiving

Michael4000Michael4000 STREAMING PRO Posts: 992
Today in America we celebrate Thanksgiving. I would like to say thank you to our administrator Bob, the moderators, and all the members for your advice and encouragement.

Michael

Comments

• Gaston_JaureguiGaston_Jauregui Moderator, Enrolled, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,004
    you are welcome @Michael4000 and also, I want to thank everybody here for doing a great job here :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,111
    edited November 2018
    Well, this seems like the perfect opportunity to throw out some Thank You's.

Thank you @Ken Tamplin for the amazing course (pure genius). His trusty sidekick @highmtn "Bob". I know people thank you a lot my friend, but you do an amazingly great job around here so I sincerely want to thank you for all of your help.

The Moderators that I have interacted with @Gaston_Jauregui , @Furious_Phil , @stratman , and @streeter. You guys have all been great through the time I've spent here.

The Students. I've learned just as much from the students either through their questions, or answering them, and their replies to mine as I have with any other feature of the program. I've also become friends with people from all over the world. (how cool is that!)

Anyway this program has changed my life in a lot of different ways. Musically, everything has changed, and for the better. I can finally sing my own songs, and as a result of that I have some good things on the horizon that I'm excited about, and it is a direct result from this program.

So to all of you I say Thank You.

Peace, Tony
  • bentkbentk Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,650
    Thanks everyone! It's nice being a part of the community here. We're all growing and learning with each day. I'm happy i can help some people out here with my experience. Can't believe i'm active here for 2 years or so already.

All the best,

Ben
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    It's my pleasure to be of help to so many fellow singing students for several years now. Helping you helps me, even when I sometimes get a little impatient, which isn't very often.

I'm grateful to Ken for putting this little corner of the internet up and paying the bills to keep it open. I have seen and heard a LOT of voices pass through here and I've seen a few amazing transformations, along with just a ton of ordinary people like myself who just wanted to learn to sing well, learn exactly that.

We have all had our personal struggles, and some of us have had to struggle a little more than others. But we're all moving forward. Those of you who are feeling like you won't make it, I want to encourage you to try to believe in yourself a little more. You can do this. Life gets hard sometimes, and we may get side-tracked off-course and then think we aren't progressing. That's not normally the case. Sometimes we don't give our vocal workouts the priority that they need in order to be able to perceive that progress. Watching glaciers pass by can seem as if nothing is happening. Truth be told, a lot is happening, but it's in proportion to our level of focus and desire to move ahead that we begin to see perceptible progress.

If Ken had never put up his first video and started showing people what he had learned on HIS long singing journey, then NONE of us would have this amazing gift of his program, which works so well for so many people.
    Looking back on all of the other programs that I spent hundreds and hundreds of dollars on, this one pays back in spades. Knowing what I know now, I would gladly have paid thousands for this program, taking out student loans, to learn what I have learned through KTVA. Thank you, Ken!

I was beginning to think that ALL vocal programs were hoaxes before I gambled one more time on what I thought was a very expensive program. Hearing Ken sing real songs like a real vocalist helped me to have the faith that helped me make that leap.

I enjoy watching everyone here grow and be an encouragement to one another. Help out your brothers and sisters along the way. Lend a hand. Just be sure that what you are sharing is what Ken says and teaches, and you can't go wrong.

I also want to thank the moderators, and the forums students who are reaching out and helping others with quality information. And to all of the students who are working to grow their voices. You are making us proud as we see you grow.

We just passed the 15,000 member milestone yesterday. There were about 90 people here when I started out.

This is an awesome group of people, from countries all over the world.

And you're welcome, Michael. I'm glad you're beginning to see the likelihood of your satisfaction with where you are headed. You're on a good track.

All the Best!

Bob

• Michael4000Michael4000 STREAMING PRO Posts: 992
    @highmtn Bob do you have any audio or video clips online of your singing?
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    Here are a couple of audios I did the first year I was doing KTVA. I seriously haven't taken the time to do any recording since then. My life is, well, shall we say, insanely busy...

I may be able to do some live performance recordings before long. I've been working on ways to record my band and get decent live recordings. I'm still trying to get the technology together to get a decent sound out of live performances. These I did at home.
  • HuduVuduHuduVudu 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,818
    Classic songs! Your voice sounds good even for your first year. Ringer :tongue:
    edited November 2018
    @highmtn Wow I can clearly hear Ken's influence here. Sounds great. How long had you been doing the program at this point and had you been working with Ken and if so to what extent?

I'm honestly very surprised by the number of people on this forum who say they haven't done many recordings of themself singing songs (or scales). Isn't this one the best ways to monitor your progress? It seems like we do a lot of talking about singing (which is great) but not so much analysis of actual recordings...to me this is one of the best features of the forum. Am I missing something?
  • bentkbentk Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,650
    @Michael4000

It really depends on the person. I did upload a few things a while back for evaluation, and have improved massively since then. I think most people like to figure things out for themselves with the course, or just ask some questions here and there on the forum. It sure did work for me. I don't really feel the need for any more evaluation, so i would like to make some good song recordings in the near future.

However, i agree that is the best thing you can do here. Uploading some scales can get you great advice. I did it once just to check, and there wasn't much advice to give, because it was going pretty good already. I do wish i uploaded something sooner, it might have saved me some time, but i just needed to go through the whole discovery process.
    The most consistent recording I have done was to have a cassette recorder on the sound system of my band practice mixer. I would ALWAYS be in record mode, and just put it on pause until we started the next song. You catch so much by just doing that and listening back at random. It really helps to desensitize yourself to the loathing of recording yourself and hearing it back. If you ALWAYS record, it becomes "no big deal" "I ALWAYS Record" so it defuses a lot of anxiety towards turning on the red light.

I just did the math on my 2 demo songs. I started KTVA in January 2011. I recorded those songs in August of 2012. I probably had done a skype lesson with Ken by then.
    @highmtn approximately where in the volumes were you at this point?
    I was in Volume 3. That was before Ken sent me back to Volume 1 to get my basics in better order.
  • doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    @highmtn :D
    highmtn said:

That was before Ken sent me back to Volume 1 to get my basics in better order.

• doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    @Michael4000:

I do recordings for myself very often. It helps me a lot to monitor myself.
    @doc_ramadani Good to see you back on here!
  • Gaston_JaureguiGaston_Jauregui Moderator, Enrolled, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,004
    @highmtn I think we all have gone back to volume 1 hahaha at least once really watch everything in more detail
    You think it's going to be a big bummer, but now you understand everything AS he's saying it, and you understand why... So if you go back after Volume 3, it's like Volumes 4, 5, and 6 now as you go through again.
    edited November 2018
    @highmtn How long do you typically spend on volume one the second time around
    @Michael4000:

Sorry, I was on heavy duty - patients, patients and even more patients.
    edited November 2018
    @Michael4000 I would say when you notice that you do everything EXACTLY as Ken does it, like if you missed a step and think "oh I got this" but you keep missing it every now and then, "nope, you dont have this" hahaha

That´s how I notice I need to re study details, its good to rewatch all volumes every now and then and take notes because youll have more understanding of everything Ken says
    btw also I always notice people tend to slur in scales like the 9 note and octave scales kind of like if it was a "slider" and they usually disregard the passaggio, they still bridge but in a very carless way, at some point I noticed I was doing this too, so its something to really look, really think of every note you are singing will improve your pitch

Each "second" time I go back and revisit, I always understand more than I did the time before, but I also get new insights, as well. So I don't go back for 3 months, but I might do a month, and do the old workouts again, on the things that are covered in Volume 1. Then I do the same on Volume 2, and again on Volume 3. Rinse and repeat.