Home GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum

How can I Improve this?

Hi. Could you tell me if I'm utilizing chest voice or head voice to hit the A4 in this video. I can sing up to a C5 but I feel like the only way I can is in chest voice. Sometimes it feels tight in the throat. Any comments on my technique?

https://youtu.be/KqnNYbmbHzk

Comments

• doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    Hi @WillHorton,

thank you very much for your contribution. I have replayed your video several times. To my hearings your are staying in chest voice mostly. Do you have some recordings where you could show us your head voice?. When we practice singing here at KTVA it is very important to maintain the balance between chest and head voice.

So, feel free to upload another demo showing us your head voice. And ... you should have a close look on vowel modifications.

Nevertheless, a very good starting point: you have a very cool timbre (tone), if you would work on that, you will get a very versatile voice.

Doc
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    You're in chest voice.