Home Off Topic

Vocal Exercise Volumes-Need to Alternate?

LinaLina 2.0 PRO Posts: 77
Hello All,
I am working on Volume 5 now (mixed voice), and was wondering: Are each of the volumes considered to be complete vocal exercises (meaning they work all three registers adequately), or is it advisable to alternate each day with a different volume in the series?

Thank you!
Lina

Comments

• doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    Hello Lina, so sorry, that I can't help you. I am on Volume 1. Doc
  • LinaLina 2.0 PRO Posts: 77
    Good luck with Volume 1, Doc!
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    edited December 2018
    You should always do warmups on Lip Rolls and Tongue exercises, followed by the basic LAH. Do the basic Lah in both Bridging to head voice and also Stretching Chest voice. If you need more time, do more vowel exercises in both bridging and stretching. Then do the head voice exercise. Then do the Mix Voice exercises.

It's important to never forsake the bridging and the stretching. Those skills support the head voice and the mix voice skillsets. Use it or lose it. Keep a balance amongst bridging and stretching, and then go on to head voice and mix.

It's fine if you maintain the overall balance by emphasizing one style one day and another style the next. Just don't get caught favoring one over the other, or whatever you slack on you will risk allowing it to atrophy. Use it. Don't lose it.
  • LinaLina 2.0 PRO Posts: 77
    Thank you Bob!