Home About Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy

Really interested in this course, but....

I have been really considering getting this course, but I'm not entirely sure if this is right for me. The genre of music I personally want to get into is Musical Theatre, but I don't know if or how much this course would help me with growing my voice in that area. I say this because it seems like this course is focused primarily on genres such as Pop, Rock, and R&B.

Is there anyone who has purchased this course who has wanted to go into Musical Theatre as well and have achieved positive results?

Comments

• To be honest with you, most of the people here are into the genres you mentioned, BUT!................this course covers it all, and I do mean every aspect of singing. It really doesn't matter what genre you sing. It's all about technique, and not about genre.

If you can learn how to do the techniques in this course proficiently.....there won't be anything you won't be able to sing.

I personally think you would be making a mistake to pass this course up, but in the end, it's your choice.

Choose wisely.

Peace, Tony
  • HuduVuduHuduVudu 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,818
    The foundation of this course is opera, belle canto specifically. The techniques that are taught have been adapted for modern music. Interestingly enough opera techniques are universal and are truly needed to sing safely and beautifully.

Think of this, the video that is below. Do you think that if Ken didn't have a microphone, and was singing on a stage would people in the back row be able to hear him?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RBuUJPaVUs

You can say that this isn't your genre, but I invite you to go to the KTVA page and watch his many videos. He covers many genres as do his students, but the common point for him is that he can sing them all well.

As his student I can say that I am progressing on the path that he is teaching me and my overall singing is getting way better not specifically one genre. There are many genres I would like to sing and truly the most important aspect for me is to be able to read a crowd and choose a song that gets people into what I am singing. This program is giving me the flexibility to do just that.

Hope this helps you in your decision. :)