Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!

Lamento Boliviano Cover.

DiegoDiego Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,157

So, yet another language! Spanish, my native language, I do hope you enjoy.
It's a pretty cool rock song that's pretty popular where I live.
@highmtn @videoace @doc_ramadani @HuduVudu @bentk @Gaston_Jauregui @Michael4000

Comments

• DiegoDiego Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,157
    Hmmm it's quite bothersome, the mic got to loud in some parts. Damn it. lol.
  • Michael4000Michael4000 STREAMING PRO Posts: 992
    edited December 2018
    Diego this sounds really good. Very professional. The only thing I would critique is what you already said, it just gets too loud in a couple of Parts like at 1 minute. Maybe just turn your head away from the mic or back off a little bit. Other than that I can't think of anything else to critique. Awesome job.
    What recording equipment and process do you use?
    Thank you! @Michael4000
    I use a Blue Yeti USB microphone which is more than enough to be fair it's probably just my bad.
    And I use Audacity to record everything. Mix everything together there.
  • Ladies, and gentleman.......the next Ricky Martin........Diego! ha ha, Just kidding.

Songs like that have a nice groove to them.
    I could tell where your edits were though.
    To keep from getting too loud like that, (which I'm guilty of myself) You have to make the sound smaller, and the resonance should give you the better amount of volume.
    In some spots it sounded like you were about a foot or more away from the mic, and in other spots you were right on top of it.

That's where all of the breath support training comes in so you can keep everything kind of even.

Nice Job Ricky ha ha ha

Peace, Tony
    edited December 2018
    @videoace I'll admit the editing for this song was a bit sloppy, could have done miles better.
    On :58 I was trying to get away from the mic, but it's still picked up and clipped the mic for some reason.
    I was so excited to post a Spanish song though!
    Hope you liked it in general.

Livin' la vida loca!
    lmao.
  • Yeah, I dig tunes like that. I'm a rocker, but I also like a lot of other music in general.

"If it sounds good.....it is good".

Peace
    What are the edits you guys are talking about?
  • @Michael4000 , with multi tracking you can literally record a song line by line if you want, but in doing that you have to be careful not to change the sound from take to take.
    You also have to be careful not to have volume changes from take to take.

A lot of the professionals (if not all these days) record that way.
    I like to try to sing the whole thing at once if I can, but it doesn't always work that way.

I'm surprised nobody mentioned my terrible edits on "Rocket Man". (I did that song verse by verse, and did the chorus parts last.)

Peace
    Yeah it's a pretty good way to way to also practice as well and really breakdown a song for live performances.
  • @Diego , Does Audacity allow you to perform punch in's, and punch out's?

Peace
  • Gaston_JaureguiGaston_Jauregui Moderator, Enrolled, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,004
    @Diego sounds very good! this song is very famous in Mexico
  • doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    @Diego,

wow, very nice to hear you singing spanish. Did you have a look on LMMS? - You could use a compressor to level the volume of your voice.

Great job, young fellow.

Doc