Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!

Last in Line - Cinema Greenberg - Vocal Sample

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354

Good vocals.  So who are these folks? KTVA students?

Bob

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354

Sounds really good, Cinema.

You will really get a lot of value out of learning Ken's methods.  I enjoyed listening to your tunes, and I'm looking forward to hearing your progress as you work Ken's methods into your singing.

Bob

• Ken TamplinKen Tamplin Administrator, Moderator Posts: 446
    Hi Cinema,

Nice professional presentation.

You can clearly hear that you are not supporting this sound from the diaphragm and abdominal structure.
    It's especially noticeable in the power when you ascend in range. (I cover this in the Volume. You are welcome to post a video of how you are supporting so myself and other moderators like Bob and Scott can help make sure you benefit from this amazing support mechanism

You are nice and "open" in your lower register but as soon as you
    ascend you can hear "pinching and squeezing" to get into you upper register.

As you do the KTVA volumes, you will learn to keep the throat open and not rely on the tension of squeezing as this will seriously cost you range over time.

As you do the workouts this will "embed" in your way of singing and give you more range, better control, more power, more consistency and stamina (with better pitch too).

We look forward to future post to hear your progress.

I am doing a webinar this morning on "Pacing Your Performance" at 10:00 am Pacific if you are interested. Get with Nigel for details.

-KT