Home Musical Gear and Equipment!!!

Headphones vs. Earbuds

Michael4000Michael4000 STREAMING PRO Posts: 992
I prefer using earbuds because of their portability and I think that the earbuds today have pretty high quality if you buy the right ones. Yet I still see a lot of musicians wearing the old school Brady Bunch over-the-ear headphones. Is there any disadvantage to using earbuds? @videoace or anyone else knowledgeable

Comments

• I use my over-the-ear headphones for recording, and use my IEM for live (earbuds).

The reason I do that is because the IEM is bassy sounding to me even on the highest treble setting, but I know that my over the ear headphones have a true sound so I prefer to use them for recording.

Peace
  • NeilKenSingerNeilKenSinger 2.0 PRO Posts: 125
    edited December 2023

I prefer using earbuds because of their portability and I think that the earbuds today have pretty high quality if you buy the right ones. Yet I still see a lot of musicians wearing the old school Brady Bunch over-the-ear headphones. Is there any disadvantage to using earbuds? @videoace or anyone else knowledgeable

You say 'earbuds'....do you mean cheap ones that people listen to music on, or proper in ear monitors for musicians? Don't use 'earbuds'....use in ear monitors.