Home Recording Techniques and Gear

Help Work on Pronunciation!

DevonMooreDevonMoore Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 44
Hey KTVA family,

Does anyone have any resources on working on pronunciation?

I really need to hammer down on this to not slur/mix words together as I sing. I understand you sometimes do this for easier vowels modifications but I want to get rid of the unwanted times lol

Comments

• doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    Hi @DevonMoore,

could you upload a video. This would help me to understand what you mean.

Doc
  • DevonMooreDevonMoore Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 44
    Hmm I can see about putting a video or something together, I'ts just a side of effect of years of Epilepsy (reason for the brain surgery)

• HuduVuduHuduVudu 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,818
    I agree with Doc it would be helpful to see what you are talking about.

My other thought is that you need to find an example of correct pronunciation where you think your pronunciation is incorrect and then through perfect practice bring your pronunciation to be what you are trying to mimic. This is really no different than trying to correct accents in foreign languages. It takes time though so be patient. Also work one problem at a time. Once you have corrected the trouble spot through mastery then move on to the next trouble spot. Come back to each of your corrected trouble spots to make sure you have driven the new pronunciation into muscle memory. In time you should be able remove all of your pronunciation issues.
  • Klaus_TKlaus_T Moderator, 2.0 PRO Posts: 2,406
    hi @DevonMoore , I am assuming you want to work on a clearer articulation, right? if so, I can recommend the book "your voice and how to use it" by Cicely Berry. among lots of other things, there are exercises for all the consonants, so you learn to use the correct muscles in a correct and efficient way. you learn were the tongue is placed for each of the consonants, how the lips are shaped, etc. google it, and see if you think it would help in your journey, there are lots of reviews, she is quite famous. her background is, she was teaching actors with the Royal Shakespeare Company. I work a lot with voice-over talents (who dub movies for German cinema/TV/games) and I hear they are educated in a similar fashion as part of their training. sorry to hear about your medical "adventures".

All the best to you, Klaus