Home The Singer's Lobby

Trouble uploading my Sample Song

Hi Ken and eager singers,
I have tried to upload a sample of my singing to get your professional opinion, and i am not able to upload it. I go through the proper steps, fill everything in (everything is done correctly in short), and when i click upload, it loads to the first backslash after http: in the web browser bar, and then it stops. Any suggestions? Could it be the website possibly? i have used two different internet connections btw, so it is not the connection/speed.

PEACE

- Cody H.

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354

Cody,

What we are suggesting is that everybody start using Soundcloud as THE WAY to post audio demos on this forum.  For Video demos, YouTube would be the preferred site to link to.

You do all of your uploading to the host site, either Soundcloud or YouTube, and then post a link here at KTVA. 

We'll click on your link in the post and everybody gets to listen to your demo.

Bob

• GNAGNA Enrolled Posts: 21
    Okay, here I go! I just got a birthday cake for sticking with KTVA for one year! I love Steelheart, and after listening to Miljenko, it inspired me to put my own words to "Karaoke Lovers" karaoke, of She's Gone, and make is a praise song.
    So here is my first music upload. I am looking for all good criticism. I have been on again off again throughout the year, but love singing. Here is my URL
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    Is this the range you want to sing it in? It almost sounds too low for you. You are in-tune, but some of the lower notes are pretty low for you. Have you tried it a step or two higher, or do you prefer it here?
  • GNAGNA Enrolled Posts: 21
    edited January 2019
    I can try it a step or two higher. I did some recordings at a higher range. I'm practicing Thom York's "Ingenue" in the range he sings it in, so I should be able to bring this tune up some. I will give it a go. thank you