Home Vocal Health and Wellness

Is Alcohol bad to my voice?

I got weak speaking and sing voice, my vocal cord is not well connected especially sing higher notes than G4, all is airy sound. But, next morning after few glasses of red wine or whiskey at night, my voice will be strong and fell I can easily connected my vocal cord and pass through the passagio to C1 without break, feel very good for speaking and singing. But can only sustaining 2 days..........shall I drink everyday?ha ha

Comments

• HuduVuduHuduVudu 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,818
    Alcohol is an anesthetic. You are turning off the pain mechanism that is telling you that you are hurting yourself. By using alcohol in this way you are destroying your voice. I would highly suggest that you don't do this.
  • doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    Huew said:

..........shall I drink everyday?ha ha

Being a medical doctor I can not recommend that to you. :flushed:

Doc

• HuewHuew 2.0 PRO Posts: 3
    Thank you I know it is not a good idea, but sometime short time temptation of more solid voice lead me to drink before I need to sing on stage .......I do exercises every day, hope I can grow my voice in more healthy way😄
  • HuduVuduHuduVudu 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,818
    edited January 2019
    You can definitely grow your voice but if you give in to temptation and try to numb the pain of bad technique you will destroy what you are trying to build.