Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!

Baker Street (Metal version) Open throat

Trying to keep my throat open and relaxed here, but don't really know what I'm doing, so I thought I'd check with the experts here whether my throat sounds sort of relaxed or not? Thanks a lot for any critique.

Comments

• doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    Hi @Matto,

nice job. I couldn't hear any straining. With the distorted vocals it is hard to tell if the sound is open enough.

Doc
  • HuduVuduHuduVudu 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,818
    edited January 2019
    @1:13 you let the consonant shut your open throat down. You were also trying to take a breath at the same time and the whole thing shut down. You might want to work on where you are breathing in that phrase and also how you are producing the consonants through it.

This can help with the consonant issue:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZATunybJm_4

Hope that helps :)
  • MattoMatto Member Posts: 27
    edited January 2019
    Thanks a lot for the comments! I recorded the vox on a pair of plug earphones, hence the distortion :p About the 1:13 thing: I actually did that on purpose because I didnt know what to do with the sentence since I dont really know the song, so I briefly decided to spit a bit aggressively on that word. hadnt struck me that it was an unhealthy effect tho, will check that vid out. All ken's vids are worth checking out :)