Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!

SoundCloud problems

Hi everyone, today I started using SoundCloud and created an account. I tried to upload a song but it says there were copyright issues. I even tried to set it to private but it was still removed. Can someone please help? @doc_ramadani @Sophia

Thanks,

Michael

Comments

• Michael4000Michael4000 STREAMING PRO Posts: 992
    It's not YouTube it's sound cloud
  • HuduVuduHuduVudu 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,818
    Just use iCloud or OneDrive
  • Michael4000Michael4000 STREAMING PRO Posts: 992
    So how does soundcloud decide which tracks are allowed?
  • doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    Hi @Michael4000,

I didi it he way @Sophia told us. For me it worked. @Sophia, I did upload the song and told the soundcloud system that my upload would be private. Then the copyright check was skipped. How do you upload your demos, @Sophia ?

Doc
  • I don't know if the copyright check was skipped on mine or not, only that I didn't have a problem uploading anything. It might be because the sound quality of my files is too low for their detection software to work as intended.

All I do is upload the files, and choose to have it Private right from the upload screen, before it is saved.
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    YouTube and Soundcloud may have different policies. Perhaps Soundcloud doesn't pay the playback royalties to the writer the way YouTube does. With YouTube paying all of the advertisement money to the writer, the writer stands to make a lot of money from people covering their song. Some are hard-nosed about it and don't want anyone using their material. It's hard to know what will happen until you upload it and it either gets taken down or they monetize it for the copyright owners.

These rules change all of the time. Just keep trying, and don't worry when they take something down. Just try somewhere else, or as hudu vudu said, put it in the cloud in your own account and you won't have anybody taking it down.