Home Newbies Demo Area - for those who want to test the waters!
Options

Here I Am by Bryan Adams giving a try

Hey guys I've been practicing my singing for over a year now , I can see my voice has become much stronger but I wonder if it sounds any better , what do you think ?
https://vocaroo.com/i/s1ZQOERNatfq , go straight for it if it sounds trash

Comments

• Options
    highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,357
    HI, @endrits079 !

It is helpful if you will include a backing track so that we can have some pitch references, rather than a capella recordings. You do have a nice, bright tone, but you are using too much air. You should also sing more from your diaphragm. This is mostly throaty singing, with a little too much mask in the sound.

Your pitch seems to be good, but we need to hear a backing track to see if you're really tracking on-pitch.

Not bad.

Bob
  • Options
    endrits079endrits079 Member Posts: 32
    highmtn said:

HI, @endrits079 !

It is helpful if you will include a backing track so that we can have some pitch references, rather than a capella recordings. You do have a nice, bright tone, but you are using too much air. You should also sing more from your diaphragm. This is mostly throaty singing, with a little too much mask in the sound.

Your pitch seems to be good, but we need to hear a backing track to see if you're really tracking on-pitch.

Not bad.

Bob

Wow Bob , I am amazed seriously how much you can tell just from hearing a voice , indeed I am aware everything you said is so true , I just entered in a new stage of singing because last month I was struggling much more singing those songs but now I can do it easier and before I just sang few songs without trying to improve them but now I focus in 1 or 2 songs and try to get them better . For diaphragm I don't know I can't control it , I wonder how much easier would singing be with diaphragm :/
  • Options
    highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,357
    Getting your breath working under your control in the way that best supports your singing voice is a skill Ken teaches us in his course. Most students need to really work at it before they get all of the nuances worked out. When your focus shifts to controlling the stability and amount of air rather than just trying to force notes, you have a lot better shot at sounding more like you really want to.
  • Options
    doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    edited February 2019
    Hi @endrits079,

Bob gave you great advice. Ken has a very good free video on diaphragmatic support:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wv3T-xA28fE

Doc
  • Options
    endrits079endrits079 Member Posts: 32

Hi @endrits079,

Bob gave you great advice. Ken has a very good free video on diaphragmatic support:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wv3T-xA28fE

Doc

@doc_ramadani I know, I take breath from diaphragm but when I sing I don't know how to control it what should I do ??