Home Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy REVIEWS

singing the number of the beast...and a big THANK YOU

just a quick thank you. Been a mediocre singing for goodness knows how long. Then I get a gig to perform at Movie world on the Gold Coast Australia to open their Fright nights events as the Beast. Condition was that I sing An Iron Maiden Number " Number of the Beast." The manager knew me said, " Oh yeah mate you could pull that off." Me quietly shaking in my pants,"um yeah no problems." I was in trouble lol. I tried to line up lessons with the best of the best here, also teachers through Skype around the world. Then I see your course, don't hesitate, what do I have to lose attitude. Fork out the money (very little in comparison to what I have gained, jumping ahead here) and OMG... three days, yes three days later the improvement in my vocal range..just wow. Even a friend of mine that has sung with Queen said the difference was amazing. I am here to just say thank you. As a singer my range of songs that I can now perform has at least doubled. I would have never approached the songs I do now. Thanks Ken and your teachers, your program and the forums, Now that was over 8 months ago, I am smashing it. Peace out......PS ... biggest critics..family and friends.....Yeah they kinda be talking differently of my vocals now too. Cheers Sean Harcourt-Bell Queensland, Australia.

I should have upgraded to the private on line lesson

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    Wow. Amazing story, @Dinger. We hear a lot of these coming in to KTVA. Posts like this from real people who have experienced life-changing transformations of their voices with Ken's home course help others to understand that yes, there are many hoaxes out there, but KTVA is the REAL THING.

Life is short, and if you don't try KTVA, you're going to miss out on a great opportunity to change the course of your life to become a much better singer.

Dinger has chosen wisely...

Thanks for sharing your story, Dinger!

:-)

Bob
  • KaiEllisKaiEllis Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 215
    Bro don't leave us hanging tho! Dying to hear your voice @Dinger !

I've had much the same experience. The stuff that used to be my "high note songs" are now my warmups. I had just accepted that I'd never sing songs from bands like Journey.

I'm still not singing these songs nearly as well as I will be six months from now. But already the difference KTVA has made in my life is enough to bring a guy to tears.
  • DingerDinger Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 6
    wow I haven't been in here for so long. Shame on me. @KaiEllis I will find a link for the Beast Video.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OMBMsyqP5E
    not great but certainly I would not have gotten this close without KTVA. That was 2 years ago now...and I still love singing songs in my solo gigs that i have been doing for years. Totally different approach the course has given me so much more freedom. Thanks Ken and Team.
  • doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    Hi @Dinger,

wow, amazing story and absolutely convincing performance. Congratulations. And this in 8 months, WOW!

Doc
  • KevinGremKevinGrem Pro Posts: 217
    Hey man I have a similar story haha!

I sang in a band which covered "Number of the Beast" and I was able to pull it off just fine. Tamplin's vocal training has helped me sing in a higher register than I used to be able to.

That song in particular is not that difficult. Run to the Hills however, is a very hard one for me.
  • doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    hi @KevinGrem
    KevinGrem said:

Hey man I have a similar story haha! I sang in a band which covered "Number of the Beast" and I was able to pull it off just fine. Ken Tamplin's vocal training has helped me sing in a higher register than I used to be able to.

I would love to hear your story, Doc
  • SlaySomethingSlaySomething 2.0 PRO Posts: 11
    I'm finding myself in your boat. I just got a gig as the front man for an Iron Maiden tribute band even though some of what Bruce does is beyond me. Hoping that the lessons here can help bring me closer to the mark. We actually just did Number of the Beast for the first time last night so it was funny to see this post on day 1 of being in the forums.
    Hi @SlaySomething,

so I send you a big "WELCOME". You will have a lot of learning, singing and fun with us.

Doc
  • SlaySomethingSlaySomething 2.0 PRO Posts: 11

Hi @SlaySomething,

so I send you a big "WELCOME". You will have a lot of learning, singing and fun with us.

Doc

Thanks, Doc!